How do I store offline safex coins from bittrex?

It is straight forward you can send them directly to a standard bitcoin address where you control the private key.

If you bought off of the website this is the default configuration anyway. You would be provided the coins directly to an offline location.

Really helpful thanks!

1 Like

Hi all,

Have been lurking around the crypto space for a month and started to buy. Biggest investment to date is Safex. Good things. Bought a Nano Ledger S that I am going to set up. Just tested the withdrawal process by sending 10 saf. Where can I see my coins on omnichest? Are they stored there? Do I need to do anything if I want to store them on the ledger or if I were to sell them on Bittrex?

Sorry for what has to be really pedestrian questions.

Cheers,

Dave

1 Like

@dadonn I would not recommend using these hard ware wallets. You will need control of your private keys. If you use a hard ware wallet you will have to extract the seeds to get the private keys with your safex on them. Which means a lot of headache. I do recommend making a private key offline, and printing it or jotting it down with permanent ink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn52V-LGqKA

you can use safex.io/keys in the same way as in this video.

2 Likes

Hey Dan, thanks, I appreciate it. I ended up finding a video on youtube and got immersed in the problem solving approach you take. Had just opened an account, went in to buy and got caught in the middle of a pump so I’m averaged in at 320. Still a bargain. I’m a Jersey guy who lives in Manhattan. Good to see a developer who keeps fit. That’s my hello. As for the wallet- I followed the instructions you mentioned above and got a private/public key off the site. Did a test withdrawal but nothing is showing up on omni.

1 Like

Safex just hit 300. How about that. Now if I just get these coins stored.

Don’t mean to clutter up the page but I sent safex twice from Bittrex and put my public address into the search- nothing is showing up. Put my public address into the search- not found. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Hi dadonn,

Same problem… OmnExplorer only seems to display bitcoin & omni balances. I’m relatively new to crypto but want to ask a question about SEC and BTC being able to be bored in the same wallet. Is this possible? Bittrex states; Depositing tokens to this address other than SEC will result in your funds being lost. Am I safe putting BTC and SEC in the same wallet? I only transferred 5 SEC to make sure this works first…

Also may I ask a quick question about the ticker change to SAFEX. I presume this will not affect existing coin holders and is purely to do with how the exchanges list the Safe Exchange Coin instrument?

I’ve just looked at the development roadmap and this is an awesome project. Keep up the good work guys!

For offline storage. Yes. Depositing to the exchange NO!

Only visual change to the exchange. Does not affect the coins you are holding in anyway.

Thank you for noticing, and welcome on board :bowing_man:

Hi,

I am definitely the wrong person to ask. I’m just working on storing my coins offline as we speak. A little confusing. I was able to see my withdrawal from bittrex and have it show up on Omni. Stupidly, I didn’t realize I had to confirm the withdrawal.

Dave

TO anyone else who happens upon this- once I transfer coins to OMNI, is that a wallet? i.e. a safe place to store and retrieve them? Sorry to be such a noob but this part is a little stressful.

1 Like

Safex works same as a bitcoin. You store it at the same kind of keys. You need the private key to use your safex.

If you put your safex to a key pair like you would a bitcion (but you control the keys explicitly) and your balance shows up at your address on the http://omnichest.info then you’re all set. Once we push the wallet you can import the private key same like you would with your bitcoins.

Thanks again Dan. I actually have no bitcoin key pair as reference. This is the very, very beginning but I’m catching on. I’ve successfully sent to omniexplorer a few times now. I get that much. So the coins can safely reside there until you guys release the ne plus ultra of wallets in the coming weeks. Got it.

Should I decide to sell, although I have no plans to, how would I send the coins from OMNI to Bittrex?

Again, sorry to pester you with this nonsense. I’m just starting to discern between hot wallets, cold, paper and the litany.

Cheers,

Dave

1 Like

Certainly not nonse. I am curious how you sent your coins to omniexplorer. Because omniexplorer only shows public keys.

Do you mean omniwallet? You need to have the private key corresponding to your address in order to access your coins.

I sent to omni using the public key I generated at safex.io. When I link to omnichest and put my public key into the search bar, it ends up showing my sending on omniexplorer. Now I have my private key printed out. How would I access the coins on omniexplorer were I to send them elsewhere?

1 Like

My public key and micotransfers. I followed the instructions from the top of the thread to the letter in order to send the coins. It never stated how to access your coins with the private key should I want to move them.

1 Like

Ok great, keep that private key and you’re A OK and safe. When we release the safex wallet you will use the private key on the wallet to use your safex coins.

Otherwise if its urgent you can use omniwallet.org

We are going to prepare usage :+1:

Got it. That’s what I figured; I would need a wallet in order to access them. No, I’ve got no plans to sell but want to be comfortable buying more. I’m going to send all my safex over there. Can I send other coins I’m holding over there as well or is there a finite amount of approved coins and a list?

Again, thanks for the info and I appreciate your patience. If you need anything from me, e.g. a few kind words, simple writing, some NY pizza et. all, don’t hesitate in contacting me.

Big ups,

Dave

2 Likes

:+1: I’m glad to hash out this dialogue, I am comfortable knowing your coins have been stored adequately.

You can store Bitcoins at that address, but not coins that using other protocols. Only ones using same like bitcoin keys.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this information. I bought my coins on the safex.io site and sent them all to my SEC wallet on the Bittrex exchange. Of course I don’t want to leave them all on the exchange so this post really helps me a lot. THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello all,

I just purchaed a few coins. Made my keys and all. But i have to ask how secure is this webpage? is it using blockchain :slight_smile:
Why not use the technology we are investing in right? :slight_smile:

I like this coin and the team sees solid. Wish you (us) good luck!
Please keep up informed about the progress. That is what makes me invested in a tech/company/coin…

3 Likes

@vampyren, when did you use the safex.io site to get coins?

The site is secure, and the coins exist on the bitcoin blockchain. Indeed we will migrate the safex coins into the chille blockchain.

Welcome onboard :ship: