Safe Exchange Coin & Liberland

Hi everyone, sorry for my ignorance but can someone please briefly explain to me the concept of Liberland and its status?

According to wikipedia, Liberland has not been acknowledged by any government or international organisation.

The liberland.org website does not work for me…

Don’t get me wrong, I think a decentralised republic operating on the blockchain concept is brilliant! But I am unsure of the legitimacy of the whole thing.

@marubozu Simon, you can see additional information here: https://www.facebook.com/liberland/ Their site may be down for maintenance. I’d keep checking back.

3 Likes

thanks @cryptorick.

I still don’t see any real legitimacy to this even though I support the concept. I fear that by associating itself with Liberland, Safex relies on the success of Liberland. Without the cooperation of Croatia and Serbia, I cannot see how this will be possible.

If Liberland does not successfully establish a nation on the 7 square km land, does Safex lose trust and support from the crypto community?

Im researching more into it as I have only just learnt of the Liberland movement. It seems as if it could be the Monaco of the crypto world? If successful.

They have consistantly won every court case and are just starting the stages of building. There has been issues leading up to its independence. But, that is no longer in question. Now the networks are beginning to form. You have to understand how many people applied to be residents. Building a new country especially one like Liberland does not happen overnight. Especially given the taste left our mouths after Galt’s Gultch. Though I wouldn’t compare it in any way to Liberland. It is still a major libertarian utopia attempt made in the last decade. Your going to find with anything new or against the grain you assume the risk and reward equally.
Only two guarantees in this digital simulation.
The day your born and the day you die.

3 Likes

Awesome. I really liked the project even without knowing about liberland. But this all really is the icing on the cake. some how revolutionary (appart from crypto itself) xD If people have more information about this to share, id be happy to read more on this topic!

4 Likes

Just research Vít Jedlička to see all the interviews and progression of liberland.

4 Likes

This is certainly going to be very positive for both parties!

5 Likes

Stored value + currency + market place + regulation = centralized economy
Safex + Chille + market place + blockchain = decentralized economy
No country needed for that to function. Just need people. Add Liberland and you just set mankind free.

I just wonder how many people will struggle having so much freedom

2 Likes

so he said this is the 3rd crypto currency he now owns what do you think that means?

2 Likes

what happens to SAFEX if there becomes a true dispute in the future and one of the two nations decides to claim the liberland area???

Legal experts in both Serbia and Croatia have said that, under international law, Jedlička lacks the right to claim the area, which is currently the subject of a dispute between the two nations.[17][34][38] Journalists have been uncertain as to how serious Jedlička is about his claims, with some calling it a publicity stunt.[39][40]

In an interview with Parlamentní Listy in April 2015, Jedlička claimed that he had received positive reactions for his initiative, mainly from his own party the Party of Free Citizens, for which he was a regional chairman,[41] but also from some members of the Civic Democratic Party and the Pirate Party.[11]

On 20 May 2015 Petr Mach, the leader of the Party of Free Citizens, expressed support for the creation of a state based on ideas of freedom, adding that the Party of Free Citizens wants the Czech Republic to become a similarly free country.[42]

Dominik Stroukal from the Czech-Slovak branch of the Ludwig von Mises Institute wrote: “The escapade succeeded for Vít. The whole world reports about Liberland with words like ‘tax competition’, ‘libertarianism’, etc.”[43]

Goran Vojković, professor of law and columnist from the Croatian news portal Index.hr, described Liberland as a “circus which threatens Croatian territory”, and argued that there was a risk that Croatia’s claim to control land on the other side of the Danube may be weakened by the attention that the Liberland project has drawn to the border dispute.[44]

In 2016, an article in Stratfor summarized the initiative as follows: "Liberland is a curious case because, in principle, none of the actors that could claim control over it seems interested in doing so. But this will probably remain a curiosity with negligible consequences at the international level. For the rest of the world’s disputed territories, violence and diplomacy will remain the main tools to claim ownership.[45]

2 Likes

Liberland sits on billions of dollars worth of pledges of investment. Including my own. If this fully kicks off, it will be the first ever sovereign state under true libertarian constitution. This is the very first step into the future. Liberland will set an example for the rest of the world. Cryptocurrency is the future and Liberland is the future. Every ambitious, self respecting cryptocurrency needs to be in on this. I can only imagine the consequences of chille being the countries official currency. Other cryptocurrencies think alike. 3 seems very good chances to the SAFEX project to pull this off.

This is on the final page of the draft constitution. Reads possible SAFEX to me; think big, think bigger, much bigger.

3 Likes

If there’s any doubt of the intentions; received yesterday: (shortened the full email from President)

Dear [REMOVED],

It is my great pleasure to announce a significant step towards developing Liberland’s presence on the international stage. On September 24th, on our special diplomatic mission to Africa, the governments of Liberland and Somaliland signed a Memorandum of Understanding.

That is de facto first real recognition and start of bilateral relations. It is also great chance to share Liberland’s expertise in the blockchain industry with a developing nation. It is also a opportunity to make an embassy in Somaliland fully operational.

Somaliland, unlike Somalia, is a stable representative democracy with 3.5 million inhabitants and enjoys high levels of internal security, low taxation and a functioning market economy.

**this is the very first autonomous region, who soon will be further recognized by African states recognizing The Free Republic of Liberland. Very important moment in time. Somaliland, you think?

3 Likes

Liberland is a very real endeavor.

6 Likes

@dandabek

This is fantastic news. Somaliland is about to be recognized by several if not all the member states of African Union. Strengthening the position of Liberland big time. Any illegal entry by other sovereign state is act of war and will easily be solved by the icc

2 Likes

When it comes to becoming a citizen of Liberland, how involved will it be? Will an investment into the country be necessary? What benefits will citizenship bring? Would one need to relocate to the newly minted country to take advantage of such benefits, or would living abroad still work?

I suggest to contact the Liberland authorities with your questions they can help you and guide you through the process. https://Liberland.org

4 Likes

It would be great to get some feedback from @dandabek. Notice when he speaks on stage in his videos he wears the Liberland pin on his lapel. That has to mean something!

3 Likes

I will buy into Liberland Citizenship once they accept Safex / Chille :wink:

3 Likes

… many years from now: “Safex marketplace available on 100 billion planets in the universe” :wink:

2 Likes

I’m president Vít Jedlička, of Liberspace.