Amd error [ SOLVED: needed power to pci-e riser ]

What does this error mean?

1 Like

You have to roll back to 17.xx drivers. The 18.xx Adrenaline Drivers don’t work with XMR Stak.

2 Likes

Thanks how do I do this?

1 Like

I used DDU, and went to the AMD site https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.1.2-Release-Notes.aspx. You don’t need to use DDU thou. AMD will replace the drivers without it, DDU ensures that no files are left behind from the installed drivers.

2 Likes

Thanks bud! I’ll go try this now

1 Like

Can you please post your results, that way others may see if it worked,

2 Likes

Sure can I’ll do that in just a bit

2 Likes

Ok it just got done extracting the download of 17.1.2 but it’s showing here 18.30.17.05 is currently installed?

Sorry bad image quality

This should be better

After extracting you have to click on the driver and install it. AMD will ask if you if you want a clean install. I suggest that.

1 Like

But after I extracted that is the screen that came up, should I click one of those?

The drivers is where you extracted the folder to. Open that if it didn’t auto open and click on the driver in the folder. If you can’t find the folder try again and extract to desktop.

1 Like

Ok I can’t find it I’m going to do it again and place on desktop

Ok in the file now on the desktop should I setup?

1 Like

Never seen the folder like that. Open packages and see if the driver is there. If not double click set up.

1 Like

Tried setup and went to same screen

This is what is on my desktop

Book mark where you got the driver and uninstall AMD drivers then repeat the process. It should use the intergrated GFX until you reinstall new drivers. I am having problems seeing your S/S. You may want to get DDU and try that route.

1 Like