[ANN] n99 Seed sale coming soon

Indeed very inspiring conversation. Thank you @we-advance

1 Like

Wow, so inspired. Awesome meet up as usual.

Calling all ants! If you love n99 like I do, please help to promote it by using these catch phrase (inspired by Tim and Daniel’s words). You can include these phrases at the beginning or end of your post. So please post, tweet, replay and share this phrases everywhere you go starting with n99because…

For example:

n99because… this is how we consume content on the SAFE Network.

Here is the list of others phrase you can use. Also, please feel free to edit and/or add to this list.

• step by step the era of the creative is rising.

• step by step the ants are coming.

• the universe has our backs.

• life is people people.

• we are pledging our allegiance to each other and the people we want to interact with.

• the world is changing and these are the greatest days to live in.

• people can be their own stages.

• from birth we inherit the earth and we will not be encumbered.

• humans require a decentralized database of our lives where we are in control.

• it releases the shackles of many people.

• it is time to make the machines our tools rather than us tools of the machine.

• nature is decentralized and a great teacher.

• our time has come.

• the future forgets our time is now.

• it is the right solution for the right time.

• it is unleashing human potential.

• it is the caterpillar to the butterfly, one does not recognize the other.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

n99because…
the future forgets our time is now

#unleashinghumanpotential

2 Likes

Sorry @we-advance, not sure what I am supposed to be seeing. All I noticed was a bunch of 1.2 orders being placed, but the significance eludes me.

Also I am sure others would be interested in having some idea of how long before seed sale might be expected. Soon means different things to different people :wink:

2 Likes

The Seeds concept is something which we find extremely appealing. The idea of contributing, sharing and interacting to gain Seeds would definitely give artists and fans a great format to support one another. Adding value to the art and providing a positive format for everyone involved.

Viva les Seeds!
Slay+

3 Likes

n99 seed sale open n99 crowd sale open

#step by step the era of the creative is rising

2 Likes

Just read the crowdsale docs.

Noticed that a max of 99,999,990 seeds in existence. I would have thought that is very small considering the number of artists out there and in the future. There would be so many more artists than what is currently recognised as an artist now.

Can you elaborate on why nearly 100 million seeds will be sufficient. I know they will be recycled, but its unclear on how they are recycled. Are they “burned” when you put them towards an artist, piece of work?

1 Like

All coins spent to uprank a content go to a faucet. Whenever a new content enters the network it gains the artist a SEED, whenever they receive a threshold of SEEDs to their content’s rank they get an additional SEED.

2 Likes

BTw the faucet mechanism is not yet decided exactly the procedure; but it will be a real life proof of work or proof of existence. This is for non content related obtaining of SEEDs

3 Likes

So then the artist doesn’t retain the seed used to uprank a work?

So then just a tally is kept, not the seed?

And finally, this was also a concern. What if 99 million artists never use their seed(s) they received

1 Like

Artists only get 1 SEED when they publish a content through the app, they keep that 1; that’s how new SEEDs enter the network with new content.

When they receive rank they get 1 SEED for reaching a threshold they retain that additional SEED.

So if audience and artists never upvote their content then no one would discover it adequately; And hence 90% of SEEDs go to the Artists’ SEED fund.

So this is the point I am trying to resolve. If 99.999999 million pieces of content are published through the app, then 99 million are given to various artists. If those artists never use their received seeds then there are no more seeds to work with. None for the faucet or for giving to further new content

So those SEED fund SEEDs will go directly to the content.

Now you have lost me.

Is there more than one kind of SEED?

When the SEED is given to an artist and kept and not used, does that mean there is one less SEED available?

I am looking at total of nearly 100 million SEED and collectively certain artists have kept 99,999,999 SEEDs, isn’t the SEED economy ground to a halt

1 Like

@rob
10% are sold in the crowd-sale, 90% are in a separate fund no one can buy.

Those 90% will be introduced to the system on arts published by people. They are the same token. They dont go directly to the artist. They get sent to a faucet once allocated to the art piece. Artists only get SEEDs when they publish content, or many people allocate SEEDs at that content.

1 Like

I understand the rest, not an issue

This is where I am saying that if 99,999,990 million SEED gotten by artists are not “spent” by the artists isn’t the SEEDs all used up and none available for new content or the faucet

1 Like

I think it’s highly impossible that all the artists get all the tokens… they can’t just be used up, new ones keep coming into the system. IF they dont spend them on cotnent then how are they going to ever get noticed… if they spend them… then they leave the artist and go to a faucet where anybody can get them…

There can’t be just 99,999,999 because content will need to be publsuihed so we can put them from the 90% pool into the system… which means by now already there is 100m

1 Like

The documents say there is only going to ever be 10x 9,999,999 SEEDs (nearly 100 million) and no more. So the 100 million existing now is all there will ever be according to the documents.

[quote]n99 will be releasing 10% of the seeds 9,999,999 (nine million Ninety
Nine hundred thousand Ninety Nine hundred and Ninety Nine) for the crowd
sale. The remaining 90% of seeds will be tradable within n99 to like
content, vote on future development and reward content providers. Seeds
will be held within the n99 application and their distribution automated
when specific criteria are met. The number of seeds is fixed and their
value will increase in line with demand[/quote]

In a few years surely we expect there to be many 100’s (maybe 1000’s) of millions of published content. And surely we expect some artists will not use their received SEEDs for publishing the works because either they don’t realise what SEEDs are or they like hoarding.

With that amount of published content and artists then it would be expected that many will not use their received SEEDs 100 million seeds seems small as the total ever, and could even see all of them kept unused by artists for whatever reason.

1 Like

can youshow a link to where that is posted>? I spotted that thanks @rob

1 Like

The sale document

http://network99.io/sale

And from SAFE forum
https://forum.safenetwork.io/t/n99-crowd-sale-open/8806/10

2 Likes