BTC - Bitcoin

Interesting article on underlying driving force of Bitcoin and Blockchains alike.

1 Like

Even after all of the whipsaw action from the ETF decision, Bitcoin is still doing alright nicely above 1200$ a piece

2 Likes

This thread is great seeing BTC grow over the year. Dan, you were spot on with your analysis!

3 Likes

March 23, 2017 Bitcoin Unlimited is signaling activation in the last 38.3% of recent blocks. A Worldwide hard fork could take place at any time. Everyone using Bitcoins could be affected.

Bitcoin prices are fluctuating while actions are being made which will lead to an impending hard fork dividing the Bitcoin community. CoinIdol investigates the two contentious sides to understand what are the risks and if Bitcoin holders should be concerned about their situation.

1 Like

Is this going to affect us (the SEC owners with Omni wallets) in some way?

1 Like

@dvnp check these posts

So USDT is about 45 million $$ running on Omni, not just marketcap… actual DOllars in a bank represented with the Omni coins. And the leader of that is nearby and ready to address any issues related to any hard fork situation. So we will be OK.

2 Likes

Price on Bitcoin has collapsed, I think that most of this situation is FUD with what is going on in Bitcoin.

1 Like

The congestion on the Bitcoin network has subsided!! that’s such good news. Now transactions fees can normalize. Let’s hope that this lasts longer. It was a recent phenomenon and I believe that it could have been a manipulated event. Bitcoin has recovered from lows rather quickly.

1 Like

It seems that Classic + Unlimited Hashrate topped around 40%
http://nodecounter.com/#all_nodes

1 Like

Bitcoin back to all time heights.

3 Likes

Bitcoin more up. :stars:

2 Likes

Bitcoin continues its rally up. Prices at all time highs, and imo could reach $3,000 at some point in this year.

3 Likes

Do you think this could be the knee to the supposed bitcoin’s S-curve (Price/adoption x time)?

Interestingly the scalability discussion was forgotten… Yet no big buy volume or FOMO can be detected.

2 Likes

No doubt Bitcoin will continue to rise, we predicted exponential growth last summer, here it is, same as 4 years ago.

Next time, will we go to 10,000? 40,000?$

Doesn’t need FOMO for price to rise steadily at all.

3 Likes

Agreed, i’m just uncomfortable of the rate of it. But i can’t afirrm it would be a stead one ( = it may need a technichal correction before a big buy moviment)

2 Likes

100% will always be at some point a drop.

3 Likes

Hey, what i’ve failed to explain is that this moviment is a bit excessive.

Bitcoin is so strange that we want it not to overheat in price terms lol. If it is already at this price, with those discussions (i think we are talking about its surviviness here…)… i have nightmares thinking about big money coming in right now… I hope not!

Imagine events like Euro collapsing or an ETF… bitcoin can’t take this right now, it’s not ready…

I don’t think that Bitcoin growing to 50b$ is going to be too dangerous. Face book was valued at 50b before it reached 1b people. At least Bitcoin should reach 50b$ marketcap. This could happen imminently (next few months), bitcoin doubling.

Then perhaps a 2 years correction :wink:

3 Likes

Sure, mantainning this level of 1500’s. And it could be good to press solutions on scalability.

Can u imagine how high fees would be at $3.000/BTC two months from now?!

I guess the (retoric) question is: is this the knee of the S-curve or a spike with a 2-years correction?

1 Like

Bitcoin @ $2000 seems imminent

2 Likes