BTC - Bitcoin

Bitcoin just pops up 8% in a few minutes… today hovering over 1300$

… 1335$ by the time i finished typing.

• very volatile range, it spiked to 1080$ … that’s no cross hair
2 Likes

The ETF submitted by Winklevoss was denied, on many reasons related to low trading volumes compared to those required by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

It is interesting the negative comments by the Securities and Exchange Commission on Bitcoin because what it can improve to become a viable product for investments in the regulated markets.

1 Like

Don’t really know what to think about this…

We could have middle-class-state-blocked money being liberated to kind of migrate to bitcoin. That’s the good part. Outsiders could have a chance to use their bloked savings in this.

In the other hand, bitcoins could be much more centralized than today, and supply would be increasily limited (reminds me Dash). Price would rise, but also, fragility of the whole system. One Nakamoto with 1MM is enough, in my opinion.

This ETF thing is not over. In the future there will be new attempts to dominate this. Let’s hope the size of bitcoin will be huge (like 10x of now) to absorve all of this.

1 Like

The Commission basically described bitcoins “dwarf-size” and just expressed distaste generally.

It would have been neat to see the ETF approved because that means more kinds of funds will have the ability to trade in Bitcoin related instruments.

The commission declining does indeed protect against the centralization of Bitcoin. Imagine all the state actors now really have a vested interest in Bitcoin. At this time Bitcoin is the size of more than 80 countries, that’s a sign of its existence IMO.

ETF disapproval also could be a hamper on future altcoins demanding an ETF. It’s no big deal decentralizing away from these authorities of the old systems. Additionally, many comments were about the exchanges of Bitcoin with most liquidity being outside of the US indicates the difficulty to do business with Bitcoin in the US.

1 Like

Interesting article on underlying driving force of Bitcoin and Blockchains alike.

1 Like

Even after all of the whipsaw action from the ETF decision, Bitcoin is still doing alright nicely above 1200$ a piece

2 Likes

This thread is great seeing BTC grow over the year. Dan, you were spot on with your analysis!

3 Likes

March 23, 2017 Bitcoin Unlimited is signaling activation in the last 38.3% of recent blocks. A Worldwide hard fork could take place at any time. Everyone using Bitcoins could be affected.

Bitcoin prices are fluctuating while actions are being made which will lead to an impending hard fork dividing the Bitcoin community. CoinIdol investigates the two contentious sides to understand what are the risks and if Bitcoin holders should be concerned about their situation.

1 Like

Is this going to affect us (the SEC owners with Omni wallets) in some way?

1 Like

@dvnp check these posts

So USDT is about 45 million $$ running on Omni, not just marketcap… actual DOllars in a bank represented with the Omni coins. And the leader of that is nearby and ready to address any issues related to any hard fork situation. So we will be OK.

2 Likes

Price on Bitcoin has collapsed, I think that most of this situation is FUD with what is going on in Bitcoin.

1 Like

The congestion on the Bitcoin network has subsided!! that’s such good news. Now transactions fees can normalize. Let’s hope that this lasts longer. It was a recent phenomenon and I believe that it could have been a manipulated event. Bitcoin has recovered from lows rather quickly.

1 Like

It seems that Classic + Unlimited Hashrate topped around 40%
http://nodecounter.com/#all_nodes

1 Like

Bitcoin back to all time heights.

3 Likes

Bitcoin more up. :stars:

2 Likes

Bitcoin continues its rally up. Prices at all time highs, and imo could reach $3,000 at some point in this year.

3 Likes

Do you think this could be the knee to the supposed bitcoin’s S-curve (Price/adoption x time)?

Interestingly the scalability discussion was forgotten… Yet no big buy volume or FOMO can be detected.

2 Likes

No doubt Bitcoin will continue to rise, we predicted exponential growth last summer, here it is, same as 4 years ago.

Next time, will we go to 10,000? 40,000?$

Doesn’t need FOMO for price to rise steadily at all.

3 Likes

Agreed, i’m just uncomfortable of the rate of it. But i can’t afirrm it would be a stead one ( = it may need a technichal correction before a big buy moviment)

2 Likes

100% will always be at some point a drop.

3 Likes