DAO - The DAO

There are proposal for 2 things to take place, to halt the misplaced ETH from moving out of the account.

Then to replace the contract with a refund contract to return to the DAO the ETH that were taken out.

No change in transactions will happen, only a new restraint on how funds move.

DAO price literally demolished. Have to consider some people used ETH from the crowdsale so their base price is wayyy lower actually. So it is understandable that people are eager to just sell and not thing twice about it.

After all this trouble, The market cap of all crypto staye at USD 14bi. Mount Gox, The DAO, bitpay… the ecosystem is getting very robust.

The pains of growth…

1 Like

yes you check your left and right see both your arms still attached, and just keep typing (coding, marketing, informing)

So I sense the same for the DAO team, they won’t just lay to waste and do what they see sensible to remedy the situation.

ALthough … can’t imagine why that feature would cut them short like that in the contract, should have tested it and realized something like this would happen. Coincidentally I did get nervous of this split feature . Maybe indeed DAO was launched in too much of a rush.

2 Likes

Yes, i think the idea of The DAO was to avoid (european) burocracy, where slick.it was designed. There is a DigixDAO (Singapure), why not a SlockitDAO?!

I read some comments about a DAO, such as DigixDAO being useless once you need to trust someone with the “gold”…

But those guys dont get that is an easy and cheap way of investing offshore, mainly for those who live in very regulated/burocratic/unfriedly business countries (like myself!).

Never i would think that investing in a share of a existing business such as a indian foodtruck in Iceland could be possible. And now with crypto or DAOs it is real! Look at that Seeds thing lol, we can patronage artists individually. It is all limitless, crazy.

1 Like

I agree, the globe is truly united.

1 Like

Seen dis

1 Like

Quite a lot of controversy around the DAO contract exploitation, and apparently many poorly written contracts are experiencing the same issues, such as dice games and others.

The DAO experienced a “white hat” attack where the founders of The DAO siphoned off the remaining 7 million ether that were not siphoned off by others.

DAO just ranging with the whims of latest activities of the ethereum foundation while they sort out a path

Not much change in The DAO, plenty of uncertainty surrounding the activities of this project for now

DAO rallies prior to the hardfork, Could be just that bitcoin is not giving traders action…

Considering the proposed Hard fork where 100 DAO = 1 ETH, means that traders are buying and selling DAO in lockstep with the ETH/BTC price. Where the DAO offers a slight discount to the prevailing price of ETH.

DAO in conversion land just trailing ETH.

Tomorrow DAO gets delisted from Poloniex.com