ETH - Ethereum

ETH drops, the dev con 2 is over…

My opinion is that ETH will have another hype very soon. A month after Devcon1 ETH price started a hype and investors had a return of aprox X10.

Now we have this graphical showcase of price:

On this image we can see that consolidation is lasting from mid June 2016 and now turning into ascending triangle formation. In July and August we have a reversal H&S and green volume growing in September, most before and during Devcon2.

After the speculators leave the market (ones that bought ETH before Devcon2 and wanted to earn in day of two because of the event) I believe we will see big impact from Devcon2 on the market in a week or two max. This can be accomplished if market that is not involved in crypto accepts the information from Devcon2, DigixDAO releases 2.0 version of DGX and Augur makes REP distribution over the crowd. All this events are announced soon to be accomplished.

1 Like

10x more on ETH will mean parity with bitcoin marketcap wise

That should not be a problem with bitcoin. If regulation comes to bitcoin (and we can see that coming even now), mcap and price will be way higher then this in no time…

@ivglavas you might be not far off, lending available on eth is just 43K and sell orders are low… price could spike but expect people will take profit promptly.

@ivglavas the sell off may have been directly related to this:

and now that the attack is addressed, it may recover so probably a lucky entry if you got it at 0.020x

Selloff is only a sequence of events that are happening at the moment.
Bid and Ask total qty on polo BTC-ETH market are very close (Bid: 5,2k vs Ask: 5,7k).
Attack comes just at time when we had a pullback what is kinda natural. I think there really might be something huge behind the curtains… What I hope for is Thomson Reuters impact with information sharing through their Eikon platform… That would be a hell of impact :slight_smile:

1 Like

Near 3000 btc sell wall on ethereum trading today, december 23 2016 2:24 am PST

1 Like

I think that ETH is in that same position that MAID was in before it doubled in price. A real significant opinion although on the conference I did learn that Consensys, a company that is built specifically to support the Ethereum ecosystem has 170 developers on hefty payrolls each making something directly related to Ethereum as well as spreading the word. Very interesting that this is rolled out by now; and new developments could be coming up.

So fundamentally it sounds good, and at its current condition many people may be shorting it which could lead to them losing and needing to buy back further increasing the price. We shall see what happens I will be mildly monitoring this pair for this month.

Well the price only tripled from about three weeks ago. That’s nice.

Something interesting news spotted about Ethereum withdrawls being frozen. It get’s problematic when the exchange becomes a police and gets to quarantine what they “think” is tainted money. So Glad that We won’t have this problem.

ETH continued since the last post, nearly 7x more. (20x since December 2016)

IMO price growth has stalled and could decline going forward from here.

as they say… “nailed it”

strong long squeeze going on right now in ETH

long squeeze happens when people continue to buy on margin, while a greater amount of volume is selling. Those who went long with margin are forced to sell and the price goes down. The same happens in reverse on a short squeeze and so far is a major driving force of the pricing.

1 Like

How long do you think this is going to go on. I’m waiting for the bottom to buy some more Ether.

1 Like

No one knows when, even though I think it is a mistake to go deep in a coin that has already grown so much. ROI ratio is so low I wouldn’t ever buy ether unless I am using it for something

personal opinion.

at some point though it will have to stop going down

I will definitely post if I see some signs for it stabilizing and price is low, same how I posted when price was high and stabilized and primed to go down. I have my secret sauce :wink:

2 Likes

I agree 100%. I missed the Ether train and at this point I just need to make sure I accumulate enough gas money at a good price during these dips since I believe Ether is here to stay.

Cool! Thanks

1 Like

I really can’t see why “fuel” should pump at those levels… It supose to be cheap to “move” things!

It doesn’t make sense to me. I can only think of a high octanage “fuel” (ETH, bigger, trustful) being more expensive than a cheap one (ETC).

How can someone compares apples to oranges, gold to oil or bitcoins to Ethers!? There will be way more Ethers than bitcoins, so each unit should cost less…

1 Like

That’s 100% ethereum having huge scaling problems so quickly, which is a testament to the hype of people crowding to get in.

On the other hand it is so expensive to do any computations it makes 0 cents when there are other cheaper alternatives if you really needed it.

But more demand for ether means more will be sold faster, you can’t factor out velocity.

I never fomo if I need some ether at some point, I will get some. It’s like this: if I live in Europe I hold euros and I hardly am bothered with what’s happening to the Serbian Dinar… on the other hand if I’m holding Serbian Dinars and need those I wouldn’t bother too much with what is going on with United States Dollars.

On the other hand. If someone is investing then you want to be interested in the popularity and speed at which it is spreading. Is it useful or not is another question that only years later can we look back and say “that was a worthy investment, the world is using this now”

The ethereum crowd proved what can be done valuation wise with incessant marketing. that’s for sure.

1 Like