Gumtree type of sales?

Anyone familiar with Gumtree? Will there be a ‘space’ or off shoot that would allow me to sell secondhand items I may have laying around? eg say a vintage teapot (no I dont have a vintage teapot)… but say I did and wanted to sell it. Will that be possible or will the market place be focused on actual merchants selling new items?

6 Likes

From what I understand, as long as it’s a legal item, the item can be bought and sold no problem, new or old.

1 Like

Sorry, some don’t know of Gumtree… here in Australia we have a website called Gumtree (gumtree.com.au)

If you take a look you will understand what I mean as it sells new and used items. No auctions, but you can make a offer of some things.

I use it sometimes which had me wondering if the Safex marketplace would be similar.

1 Like

Private auctions would be great. Paul Milgroms work is interesting.

1 Like

I think the way it works, is @Karen personally will set up your own account on the world market place, become a seller, set a price, and simply sell that item. buyers will search all types of items for sale, and a community of secondhand buyers and sellers will grow and you will never look back on Guntree, and yes I have heard of them in Ireland. Good question though there may be a filter for secondhand goods, antique’s, etc.

1 Like