Problem installing Safex Wallet v0.0.8 Migration Enhanced

Problem installing on ubuntu 19.10 Safex Wallet v0.0.8 Migration Enhanced

LOG.
0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 warn npm npm does not support Node.js v10.15.2
2 warn npm You should probably upgrade to a newer version of node as we
3 warn npm can’t make any promises that npm will work with this version.
4 warn npm Supported releases of Node.js are the latest release of 4, 6, 7, 8, 9.
5 warn npm You can find the latest version at https://nodejs.org/
6 verbose cli [ ‘/usr/bin/node’, ‘/usr/bin/npm’, ‘run’, ‘make-linux-installer’ ]
7 info using npm@5.8.0
8 info using node@v10.15.2
9 verbose run-script [ ‘premake-linux-installer’,
9 verbose run-script ‘make-linux-installer’,
9 verbose run-script ‘postmake-linux-installer’ ]
10 info lifecycle SafexWallet@0.0.8~premake-linux-installer: SafexWallet@0.0.8
11 info lifecycle SafexWallet@0.0.8~make-linux-installer: SafexWallet@0.0.8
12 verbose lifecycle SafexWallet@0.0.8~make-linux-installer: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
13 verbose lifecycle SafexWallet@0.0.8~make-linux-installer: PATH: /usr/share/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/node-gyp-bin:/home/zkoan/Descargas/w0.0.8 tar/safex_wallet-0.0.8/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
14 verbose lifecycle SafexWallet@0.0.8~make-linux-installer: CWD: /home/zkoan/Descargas/w0.0.8 tar/safex_wallet-0.0.8
15 silly lifecycle SafexWallet@0.0.8~make-linux-installer: Args: [ ‘-c’, ‘npm run build && electron-builder build -l’ ]
16 silly lifecycle SafexWallet@0.0.8~make-linux-installer: Returned: code: 1 signal: null
17 info lifecycle SafexWallet@0.0.8~make-linux-installer: Failed to exec make-linux-installer script
18 verbose stack Error: SafexWallet@0.0.8 make-linux-installer: npm run build && electron-builder build -l
18 verbose stack Exit status 1
18 verbose stack at EventEmitter. (/usr/share/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/index.js:283:16)
18 verbose stack at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:189:13)
18 verbose stack at ChildProcess. (/usr/share/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/lib/spawn.js:55:14)
18 verbose stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:189:13)
18 verbose stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:970:16)
18 verbose stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:259:5)
19 verbose pkgid SafexWallet@0.0.8
20 verbose cwd /home/zkoan/Descargas/w0.0.8 tar/safex_wallet-0.0.8
21 verbose Linux 5.3.0-23-generic
22 verbose argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “run” “make-linux-installer”
23 verbose node v10.15.2
24 verbose npm v5.8.0
25 error code ELIFECYCLE
26 error errno 1
27 error SafexWallet@0.0.8 make-linux-installer: npm run build && electron-builder build -l
27 error Exit status 1
28 error Failed at the SafexWallet@0.0.8 make-linux-installer script.
28 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
29 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

My knowledge is user
Please solution
Thank you.

I will have an ubuntu build tomorrow.

2 Likes

A valid option is to use the precompiled v7 migration wallet, and if you can read and understand a BTC block explorer, then just trigger step 3, go watch the block explorer and wait for a couple of confirmations on the txn, then go back and repeat for step 4 and then burn after the step 4 txn gets a couple of confirmations.

Or simply wait AT LEAST an hour between each txn step, if you can’t interpret the block explorer.

Before you begin, load the address with at least 100k sats BTC.

Thanks, dandabek and aussiesloth

I will wait for the new compilation

I don’t want to do like a circus puppy jumping through the hoop and more
THANKS.

1 Like

Even on v8, I would recommend you not rush from step to step, but allow sufficient time between them… or else you will end up wasting more time and BTC in repeating the process.

I have visited Safex Wallet v0.0.8 Migration Enhanced
and there is no compilation of Ubuntu,

you indicate in your message that you will put.

Please, I only have until tomorrow to do the migration, I ask for solution to my problem.

I have a considerable amount of Safex
THANK YOU.

As I indicated 3 days ago… Simply use the v7 migration wallet and take your time… that is a viable solution. The v8 only has additional safeguards to minimise people rushing through the process and not setting the two halves properly.

Simply use the v7, complete Steps 1-3, then wait an hour, then Step 4, then wait an hour, then burn all your old coins.

2 Likes

ok, I will immediately do the migration through wallet 0.0.7,

Before I would like to make sure that the other currencies that are in this address, I will be able to continue using them, after importing the private key.

Is this correct ?

Thank you.

Yes, but obviously not in the Safex wallet… software wallets are only an interface to the blockchain. The coins don’t actually move into the wallet on your PC.

PS. Just PLEASE leave an hour between Steps 3 and 4, when you set the two halves.

2 Likes