I’ve mined some other coins in the past, but recently got interested in SafeX mining. I’m currently sporting a 3700X 8C/16T with PBO unlocked and DDR4-3600 CL14, together with an GTX1080 Ti. My current hashrate is about 8kh/s, with a supposed max of 9.2kh/s. I’m running XMRig 6.3.0 with CUDA plugin. A few questions:
- Before I started safexd and synced the blockchain I would only get 5kh/s, it seemed, with about a payout of 15 SafeX per 12 hours. It seemed on the low side, but is there a relation between having the blockchain syncing and mining performance? I couldn’t find a link anywhere, and don’t recognize this from any other previous mining activities;
- With the safexd blockchain nearly synced I’m at about 8.3kh/s and perhaps still slowly moving upward. Can I expect to hit near the expected max of 9kh/s? (UPDATE: I can get about 8.8kH/s max with the GTX1080Ti/CUDA providing about 10% of it)
- Is using XMRig the most profitable / efficient way on Windows 10? I don’t plan on plugging a dedicated USB OS just yet on this workstation. I would consider investing in a dedicated CPU mining rig if all is clear;
- I see people posting benchmarks of RandomSFX between Ryzen 8-core 2000-series (4kh/s) and Ryzen 6-core 3000-series (6.5kh/s!). What are known ways to improve hashrate? Is it high-end memory speed/timings, some Windows software adjustments, etc.? I’m having a hard time finding more in this on the forum / web;
- In the miner I see the GTX1080Ti being used… sporadically? It’s speeds are usually in idle / 2D mode, rather than blasting full-speed and heating up. Is the GPU used properly, just by adding the Cuda files and setting it to “true” in the config.json file? I assume it works, as I’m getting into the low 8kh/s, but I don’t know what its actual impact on the total score should be.
I hope I didn’t overlook the answers to these questions and maybe someone can shed some light on this.
All the best and thanks very much!