Rig rent a plan

Plan for miningimage @dandabek Keep us posted on this as I missed it on discord only Silvergun informed me of same.
Looks like a great idea.

4 Likes

when it’s put together in completeness we will go public with a site you can sign up and buy the safex cash production of a rig.

You will pay upfront the rent and electric plus all the production of a graphic card.

Obviously you can buy multiple starting with 1 gpu.

The goal is to demonstrate a model that can stabilize the mining on our network.

7 Likes

Thanks Dan, this will work great for me personally as I’m on the road working most weeks and can’t mine full time, suppose it wold be like renting a server as I did in Canada and it never let me down.

1 Like

Exactly, that’s right. And with a fixed cost it takes the fog of war out of it.

1 Like

Glad to see this, any time frame ??

2 Likes

End of January it should be up and running; we’re starting the sourcing of GPUs now. Serbia has Christmas holidays in first week of Jan so we are still active.

3 Likes

Looking forward, I have the one click miner running on 4 laptops they work sweet :wink:

1 Like

so, how much does renting cost?

It will be eur 200-250 a year for renting 1 card. There’s no limit, you can also consider renting several cards. Do as you wish :+1:

3 Likes

Would have thought much more like 800>1000 Eur PA. anything less than 1 euro a day would be good but 60 cent a day definitely interested

1 Like

So if I purchased a one year contract could I stop mining on one pool during the period and switch to a different pool? I.e. switch/stop pools as I choose.

I’m interested when can we start investing? And did they plan some pre sale? :rocket:

1 Like

Usually renter is allowed to enter several mining pools of their choice ( set a list of mining pools). In case one of the mining pool fails, it should automatically switch to the second pool.

@Power should be this month, we’ll have to wait for official statement. Dan didn’t mention presale though

5 Likes

Hey @dandabek @Rich.bate

Any news on the progress of Mining Farm in the USA ?
For everyone who didn’t get the news: The Mining Farm will be set up in the USA instead of Serbia because of lower costs as far as I know.

6 Likes

Im all for this but not sure if it will be necessary. You can rent hash from nicehash and miningrigrentals.com. We havent seen any more attacks on the chain since the change in the difficulty algo was made. If marketplace is successful then SFX value has to go up (its math) miners will come.

1 Like

Hash rental doesn’t provide longterm stability.

Mining farm does.

3 Likes

Mining farm is needed imo. We need constant hash rates for MP transactions. Only issue with this I could see is how the team will resolve the issue of pool selection. Mining hash sold in the farm should not be directed at 1 pool

1 Like

At this stage we are focusing our resources on the platform; and the interesting thing is that time is on our side. The opportunity will be better when the mining reward increases. So internally the deadline is before the increasening of the block reward. Focused to get it together well before September.

7 Likes

Ok then mining farm in future but focus on platform now is better IMO. Cheers

1 Like

The increase in mining reward will be very interesting to watch in the future. Most coin rewards decrease over time but with SFX reward is going to up. So by September it will still be very early in the overall supply of SFX. So still alot of time to get in. This is why I believe miners will come until one day it just snow balls. But if you set up the farm I’ll buy a few GPUs for sure. Cheers

5 Likes