Safex Development Update - Safex Wallet v2 Release August 27th, 2017

Dan,
Thank you very much for your time. Unfortunately, this will not solve my problem.

Even I export my wallet.dat file to a secure location, my wallet will still open up by simply putting in my password. It means my keys/dat file are still stored on a default location <C:\document\user\local…> and this location is not secure in case my computer is compromised. I only have one computer which I use a lot to surf the net and some remote client sessions.

My concern is, can someone steal my keys from files or they are secure even if the default installed location itself is not.

My apology if I’m confusing you.

Thanks once again.

You can always purchase any currency on BitTrex. You only need to access it from your orders page if you’ve made resent transactions the SAFEX link will still be available to click. Or if your looming to purchase a new currency. Just find it on the homepage search bar in its respective market. The only way you can’t access any currency while It’s wallet is under maintenance on bittrex is thru the wallet menu. All other avenues are still available to purchase on site.

1 Like

Thank you mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have to export your your old wallet before downloading the new wallet or just delete the old wallet and download the new one and your coins will automatically be there? Thank you guys for your time.

Just open the new wallet and your coins are there.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I tried to send a test amount to my wallet from Bitrex but I don’t see it. Do I need to deposit a small amount of bitcoin first?

What happens to the coins in the old.wallet? My old wallet has no coins at all now…so …where did they go?
Please help

Do you have to download another wallet on windows?

@tropicalabundance Safex isn’t instant transactions. It runs on the bitcoin blockchain and takes time to transfer until chille is developed. The longest I’ve seen on the forums is 8-12 hrs to transfer in rare cases.

@Boner Please refer to the top of the thread to answer any questions on how to update to the recent release. As these questions have been answered already.
As long as you’ve exported the back up of your wallet in the previous version. You can never lose your Safex. This applies to any crypto currency wallet that you own the private keys to.

Is storing your backup of keys a good idea on a usb?

As long as It’s a dependable usb drive and you keep it in at least a firesafe of some sort. So it’s not exposed to the elements in a worst case scenario.
Safety and security should be equal concerns. Just because your btc is safely stored on a trezor. Doesn’t mean it should be aloud outside of the gun safe for longer than absolutely necessary.
Personally I prefer to use micro sd for private key backups.

1 Like

good job thank you safex team

but the fees to send safex coins is tooooooooooo high

Just sent a small amount of safex to my wallet and it worked! So I sent the rest. Fees very low from Cryptopia, 1 Safex coin per transaction.

I know I export the encrypted wallet file and I can load this on any computer as long as I have password. BUT
Question: If I export unencrypted keys and then lose my Hddr or something, I can use these to also recover my coins? Do I need my password for the unencrypted paper keys?

Thanks

1 Like

Your private keys is the closest access to your coins. WIth them you open the file and it will say

private key: xyz

you copy that xyz part and use the “import key” to add it to your new wallet

2 Likes

Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

(by the way, transfer from Cryptopia was super fast, less than 10 minutes, cost 1 Safex)

2 Likes

Guys great job!. i have the previous version of the wallet. it worked great but ver …2 is way better!!! love the refresh.

twiz

3 Likes

i had a previous version of the wallet so i needed to download the latest windows version. I downloaded the new version and ran it. Used the correct login pw and wham all the coins sitting nicely. Hope this helps

twiz

2 Likes

Guys , you need a training video and marketing video as well , pls Urgent , most people who are starting to see this market , dont understand why they should use a wallet … and once you download it … you go into the safex io web , and find this hyperlink like a key that indicates —> THIS IS A ONE TIME GENERATED PUBLIC AND PRIVATE KEY SET… so how do you use this?? The majority of people who are starting to invest, are entering a whole new world, it would be great to have guidence from a company, and not a youtube video.

3 Likes