SFXOS: Safex Cash mining operating system support

do you mean you can enter the linux OS, just that the xmrig doesn’t launch?

1 Like

Xmrig doesn’t launch without intervention. With rig1, I just turn it on and it starts mining automatically - couldn’t be easier.

i got this same problem every now an then also.

i got a few cases:

1. when running xmrig will shut and no auto start.
  2. even when reboot, xmrig does not auto start (i reflash by usb stick and it works after)

Hello, would like to take you up on phone conversation. Still having difficulty. can email me info to crim6920@protonmail.com. Thanks, Altoidfiend (chris)

Is there a way to mine using this setup with wifi?

1 Like

Found it in the other thread.

3 Likes

Thanks Dan!

1 Like

Postscript:

I suffered a power outage yesterday and had to turn my rigs back on. I expected to have to go back into BIOS for rig2, but was pleasantly surprised to see that rig2 started mining again simply by turning it back on with a screwdriver. Apparently the problem corrected itself, or I somehow corrected it when I was fumbling around in BIOS! :grinning:

5 Likes

Having the issue with Miner shut down and couldn’t reboot, reflashed drive loaded and back to original issue of same the browser isn’t updating the config file, had help from sssharanster and he had me SSH and do this Modification to config file Believe this was first step or could have been second Help needed pls. free -mh

Asus b450 pro4

sudo lsof -i:3311

cat /sfxrig/xmrig/config.json

sudo cat /root/backup_config.json

sudo cp /sfxrig/xmrig/config.json /root/backup_config.json

Cat command to display file contents
cp command to make a copy of a file
scp - secure copy

bash /sfxrig/sfxrig-local.sh

/sfxrig/xmrig/xmrig -c /sfxrig/xmrig/config.json
ps -ef | grep sfxrig

sudo service xmrig start

Or this was first and the above second
ps -ef | grep sfxrig

Second Command

/sfxrig/xmrig/xmrig -c /sfxrig/xmrig/config.json

Thanks in advance!!

2 Likes

did you change the original password?

1 Like

No didn’t see in the directions to do so.

1 Like

@Shakyamuni, i noticed that when it happens… the network seem to fail… i have a few laptops on that network… and it seem that only the pc that has problem unable to reach my router gateway.

all the other laptops are fine… so during reboot, it probably reset something on the network drivers…

any idea to fix it?

1 Like

All laptops work fine I needed manual input of wallet address in flash drive

1 Like

i tried to restart all the network interfaces… dont seem to work…

only a reboot will help it. if you have any idea to go around it… do share

I am not able to get my miner to connect to the pool. I am able to enter my info into the host/config to submit my address, but then when i go to https://pool.safex.org/#worker_stats and enter my address, it shows as not found. Is there any port forwarding or anything needed to allow my safex rig to connect to the pool?

hey… try to disable your firewall and see

Note: @caelum had his issue resolved in Discord (credit to Lomax)

Some things for others…

If you get a 404 error when you start the first time, reboot the server, possibly even twice and then I was able to login.

Add your wallet address and Submit the JSON config on the sfxrig. If you are unable to find your machine on https://pool.safex.org/#worker_stats it means it likely did not take your config on submission and you will need to manually add the info to the config on the server.

To do that you can ssh sfxrig@ip, password also sfxrig

Once ssh’ed into the rig:
go to right dir:
cd /sfxrig/xmrig

then do this to open config in nano,
sudo nano config.json
change address if it is not the right address and save it, Ctrl+X, then type Y

Run screen to start a screen session, so it keeps running after you logout
then start the miner:
sudo ./xmrig -c config.json

Thanks to Lomax for the assist with this.

3 Likes

Just would like to know in advance, will running a VPN disrupt set up in that it hides my IP? I know that anti virus is causing problems but what about VPN?

1 Like

If mining via a VPN, you would simply use your allocated VPN IP address to check your mining stats on the pool website.

As to whether it has an impact, you’d have to check with the specific VPN service to ascertain if they block any ports, etc.

1 Like