SFXOS: Safex Cash mining operating system support

angry IP scanner never picked up my rigs either. Try to connect to your router via an internet browser. Type in 192.168.0.1 into your browser. Then you can Log into your router. User name is usually admin. Password is normally admin or password. You can google name and password for your particular router. Then you can look around to see if you can identify the IP addresses that it assigned. Very important. Turn off all anti virus software running on the router. That screwed me for two weeks before I figured it out. If you have issues then DM me and we can talk via phone. Iā€™m in the states.

2 Likes

Just a side note, that not all routers use 192.168ā€¦ IP sequence.

Always best to check the manual for your router.

just to add onā€¦ i have 2 lappys running sfxos, only one of them stop and went into drone modeā€¦ and there were 2 occasions where one stop, then after many hours then the otherā€¦

is there a possibility its still the internal network?

1 Like

Look at your router @pooi

Is there any AV software running on the router itself?

It could also be that the laptops are getting too hot :man_shrugging:

1 Like

nope, my router is basicā€¦ thats the wierd partā€¦

is there anyway the app can auto restart if its not running?

1 Like

USB stick brand/size/speed?

(Just thinking that maybe the stick is heating up to a point where it stops working).

1 Like

hmm, the OS is still running. just that the mining process stops.

after i do a reboot, it runs perfectlyā€¦ so was wondering is there any command that can make the process auto restart if it stops

1 Like

I let the developer team that contributed to this know about your feedback and also linked to this thread, so should be resourceful for us. Thank you for sharing your experiences

5 Likes

heyā€¦ my miner hangedā€¦ i did a reboot 2 times but the miner software didnā€™t auto start like it normally does.

when i run the miner software manually it worksā€¦ any idea how to resolve it?

extra notes: i have 2 lappys running on the same network. only one giving this problem

Personally, Iā€™d try reflashing the stick on the one that seems a little funky.

2 Likes

was planning to do that too, just seeing is there any technical thing i should check first :smiley:

all good, will refresh the stick and share

2 Likes

At @aussieslothā€™s request, I am outlining an issue I had setting up a new miner.

At the end of May, I set up a Ryzen 9 rig following Danā€™s instructions. The rig has worked like a charm 24/7. Whenever Iā€™ve had to restart it for any reason, Iā€™ve just turned it on and it goes.

About a week ago, I decided to set up another rig, so I bought the exact same parts that I used to set up rig1. I expected it to be easy to set up rig2 in light of my experience, and it was, but when I turned rig2 on, it wouldnā€™t mine. The fan would turn on but would never kick into high gear. Because I had another rig that was operating, I was able to rule out any sort of issues with the hardware. If I put the new parts on rig1, rig1 still worked but rig2 never did. All ethernet slots on my router also work fine.

I was at witā€™s end, but I followed the advice of @sharan and purchased a graphics card. With his coaching, I was able to get into BIOS. The BIOS software on rig2 is a little newer than on rig1. I found that by manually going into BIOS and then exiting, SFXOS would launch. After I got rig2 to operate and mine, I turned it off to see if it would work properly when I turned it back on. It didnā€™t, so I had to go into BIOS again. The rig has been running fine for the last 5 days, but I suspect Iā€™ll have to manually launch the program whenever there is a power outage, etc.

I use the ASUS Prime B450M-A motherboard. I suggest that when one of the developers has some time after TWM launches, he takes a look at this issue and assesses whether SFXOS should be updated so it can launch automatically.

3 Likes

do you mean you can enter the linux OS, just that the xmrig doesnā€™t launch?

1 Like

Xmrig doesnā€™t launch without intervention. With rig1, I just turn it on and it starts mining automatically - couldnā€™t be easier.

i got this same problem every now an then also.

i got a few cases:

1. when running xmrig will shut and no auto start.
  2. even when reboot, xmrig does not auto start (i reflash by usb stick and it works after)

Hello, would like to take you up on phone conversation. Still having difficulty. can email me info to crim6920@protonmail.com. Thanks, Altoidfiend (chris)

Is there a way to mine using this setup with wifi?

1 Like

Found it in the other thread.

3 Likes

Thanks Dan!

1 Like

Postscript:

I suffered a power outage yesterday and had to turn my rigs back on. I expected to have to go back into BIOS for rig2, but was pleasantly surprised to see that rig2 started mining again simply by turning it back on with a screwdriver. Apparently the problem corrected itself, or I somehow corrected it when I was fumbling around in BIOS! :grinning:

5 Likes