So where is the update for May 15th? Wasn't it this past wkend?

@saferocks one whale dumps all their coins in one shot and you’re shouting bloody murder.

Will you use the Maidsafe binaries to run a separate unofficial network or are you planning to build your own network from scratch for this like SuperNET/InstantDEX?

Those onboard the ship would like to know where we’re headed.

2 Likes

That happened days ago, I posted in the thread with you where it was discussed and bloody murder was not shouted. I shout it today after the realizations summarized above. If you take away transparency in a crypto project you should expect an outcry.

1 Like

No, because there is no way to know what ms binaries are doing exactly.

There is some research of Rust based networking there, and great ideas we are incorporating. All code development is now offline, not on github for now, and I will formally announce the direction. Safe Exchange Coin is still 100% incorporated to the project.

1 Like

So SafeX is no longer a Maidsafe project in any way. What could have changed to cause you to make that decision? I don’t believe the Maidsafe protocol has changed since the SafeX ICO. If your investors had wanted to buy into a project building a network from scratch in order to implement a decentralized exchange, they could have bought into SuperNET/InstantDEX.

1 Like

If ms finishes, we will put decentralized asset exchange there too.

supernet and instantdex is not the same to the premise that safe exchange is

the whole point of maidsafes network was the anonymity, and quickness; no reason we can’t make that ourselves

1 Like

Why build a new network when Maidsafe’s is nearly operational? Does it provide everything you need to be able to build your app?

is it really?

no

Well after 10 years we finally have test networks. It seems like a strange time to bail out.

It’s a weak API?

There are not privacy features. There is no consensus for safecoin yet. Things still in flux implentation wise. Invented on the fly

The conclusion is we’re better off giving our shot on goal, because we know what is needed for safe exchange to work. And we don’t have lag or bureaucracy

Safe Network is supposed to be ‘everyone’s’ so I think it not so far fetched with the direction we’re taking

Even if you urged against safe exchange team builing its own network, that’s exactly what we will do anyway, because otherwise what are we to do? sit back and watch ms do it? lol

1 Like

Let’s say Safex comes to life before SAFE. Then SAFE comes alive.

Will there be adaptations to the new Safecoin system? If so, will it be easier to implement any kind of enhancement, such as Ethereum tokens, for example?

P.s. By the way, nice show that last one with Ernest Hancock, just saw it!

1 Like

If maidsafe is finished, with safecoin we just include it in the client; that depends on then at that time

I’m sure it’s hard to comprehend many people so thoroughly invested financially in that project; to be fair to the our project and the people of the earth we are taking this direction

1 Like

Daniel, don’t you think if it were possible for one person to sit down and code a secure, private, anonymous, decentralized crypto exchange from the ground up then someone would have done it by now? James has been working on it with SuperNET/InstantDEX for years and he has released nothing.

1 Like

Also, since the value proposition of SEC was based on the Safecoin that SafeX was to earn as an app on the SAFE network, and SafeX will no longer be an app on the SAFE network, what is SEC’s value proposition now?

2 Likes

if you think you can deploy a stand alone app before a maidsafe beta then you should go for it. I think your original idea of building on the maidsafe platform is the best option tho…

2 Likes

We can still earn safecoin if maidsafe launches safecoin network

When we are further down the road, only then I will announce the value proposition.

Also I am not alone working by myself; also can not judge people by comparing them to other people

4 Likes

It has already been done, bitsquare.io

[quote=“saferocks, post:35, topic:328, full:true”]
Also, since the value proposition of SEC was based on the Safecoin that SafeX was to earn as an app on the SAFE network, and SafeX will no longer be an app on the SAFE network, what is SEC’s value proposition now?
[/quote]Instead of using SAFEcoins to list a contract on SAFEx, you could use SEC to list a contract. The money generated from listing contract, goes to the DBOT.

I totally agree with this comment, what Maidsafe is doing isn’t easy and it looks more like they are trying to fine tune this instrument to do it’s work. Having patience can be frustrating sometimes, but you know when you got something really good, that you should always wait for it. The SAFE Network is not just another silly copy of bitcoin with some silly features on it. It’s a computer virus that will take over the internet and grow like crazy…

4 Likes

Guess I kicked the hornet nest a little bit…

I believe in both these projects- MS and SE. I can see how SE can be THE protocol for eCommerce on the new internet (safenet). Because of that, the earning potential of safecoin could be ground sifting for an app like this.

This was why I invested in SEC in the first place. The dividend. Why invest only in safecoin when SEC will generate safecoin with use. I know safecoin will not be apart of safenet MVP- but as long as SE is ready by then- we can start to create a brand and foothold of user traffic. I’ve been following MS ever since right after the crowd sell in 2013 (I have a bad habit of finding really cool projects right after the crowd sell…) and follow it closely. I’m very excited to see SE on safenet.

Not sure how I feel about this departure and hope this all gets cleared up sooner than later. Keep it simple then expand from there…

4 Likes

It took nearly 1.5 years for Bitsquare to go from Alpha 0.1.0 to Beta 0.4.6.

Me too.

3 Likes