What's going on?

Can someone explain? I put a notice out there that the safex wallet 0.1.0 wallet (safex/token wallet) was producing a grey screen on my Mac with an explanation of what was occurring no response. I have Mac version 10.13.6. I have repeatedly tried numerous times since. Deleting and redownloading it to no prevail, using recover wallet with keys). I have routinely looked for updates and further correspondance since April 30 when I posted but nothing. Then I see that there is a version 2 hoping that it would have a link and solve this issue but only has a source code. There is no .dmg link. Can someone explain this. What does this source code mean? I am starting to lose patience. My safex token/cash are still in version 7 even though I have deleted it off my Mac and have my keys on paper.

Try here

Thanks mate. I’ll see if it works

2 Likes

Does it work?

No it does the same thing as before but goes to a dark blue screen instead of a grey one.

3 Likes

The main focus of this update was to resolve those failing loaders. It seems to have addressed most of the windows users cases. I will investigate what can be done to fine tune for mac users. Sorry for the hassle, hey it happens we’ll do what we can to fix it as soon as possible.

Most importantly, thanks for the courage to let us know :sunrise_over_mountains:

3 Likes

Hi i have already converted old safex to new safex token.all I have is now safex migrating version 7 wallet with my safex tokens and safex cash popped up.but there are not any send or receive button to send safex token to exchanges.i just want to confirm i am safe or not.

Hi bro i have already converted old safex to new safex token.all I have is now safex migrating version 7 wallet with my safex tokens and safex cash popped up.but there are not any send or receive button to send safex token to exchanges.i just want to confirm i am safe or not.i downloaded orbiter wallet but it shows only blue screen.

Dan Dabek posted the below on Twitter:

Some blue screen wallet loading issues are solved by a simple restart of the computer, or if you know how to manually close down applications by port you can close the one listening to port 3000 food for thought…

1:06 PM · Nov 14, 2019

You might also try Discord:

Best Wishes!

Ver. 2 Orbiter Wallet (Standalone SFT/SFX)
 The ver.2 ‘Orbiter’ Wallet can be downloaded from https://safex.io/ or https://github.com/safex/wallet/releases
 Known Issues: The OSX version of the wallet is not 100% compatible with (mostly) older Macs, and results in a blue screen and lack of functionality. If you fall into this category, you will need to find an alternate, trusted PC to install the wallet on, or wait for the release of the v9. Sails Wallet
 The recommended process to install on Win 7/10
o 1. Disable Antivirus (AV) software and Windows Defender, or similar
o 2. Download Orbiter and install.
o 3. Whitelist (in AV, etc) the folder Orbiter is installed in.
o 4. Ensure Orbiter is set to run as administrator
o 5. Enable AV.
o 6. Import wallet…
 You can import your ‘Safex…’ address via Private Keys or Mnemonic Seed, or you can create a completely new address. (If creating a new address, be sure to backup your keys, etc.)
 When the software creates a wallet, it presents a file browser window to allow you to name the wallet. Two files are created, based on <your_input>:
o The wallet: <your_input>
o An encrypted copy of your private keys: <your_input>.keys which the software uses
to process transactions

 Both files are saved to the same location. It is recommended that you DO NOT use the default location, which is the Orbiter software installation directory, as the files get deleted when you update the software to a new version. Save the files to a location you will remember, and make adequate backups.
 If you import or load a wallet that you know to contain SFT/SFX and it shows 0, then it is recommended you go to Settings – Keys – (scroll down) Rescan and let the software rescan the blockchain. This will correct the displayed values for SFT and SFX after the blockchain is rescanned.
 (If Dan has not yet run his Migration Script since you did your burn of old Safex, your new SFT and SFX will not yet appear.)
 When loading an existing <your_input> wallet, you click on the wallet file, NOT the .keys file

2 Likes