Will there be a buyer/seller rating system?

I have a question for when the Safe Exchange itself, is finally up and usable. How will you make sure that buyers and sellers are protected? Will there be some kind of rating system like on the 5 Miles app, where a buyer can rate a seller, and where a seller can rate a buyer? How will both parties be protected against bad buyers/sellers?

3 Likes

You use Safex coins to get yourself a ‘licensed’ account which is able to list a product just like any other user can but this allows you to build your rep. You then build your rep by being a legit source of service yourself. So this being said, though not specified how, there would be some sort of rating system. Do note that you may get your Safex back if your rep goes bad. IMO i don’t think you should get rewarded with your Safex back if you’re stealing.

1 Like

So to be clear, you can buy a “Licensed” account, which is looked upon more favorably than just a regular sellers account. Is that right? Will buyers/sellers be able to read reviews, or at least see a star rating with the usernames of people that bought/sold from someone? How will I be able to tell, if someone is a good buyer/seller? What resource will I be able to consult to figure out if I want to do business with someone? How will someone that is stealing, be avoided?

3 Likes

It’s not instantly labeled as a trusted seller. I believe for you as the owner of the account have to build your rep via being legit and this rep can only be achieved/recorded on a profile that has been funded with the Safex fee. Otherwise you will be by default an anonymous buyer or seller. It hasn’t been stated yet whether or not there is a purpose to license an account if you are just a buyer as the blockchain possibly favors the seller over the buyer. Eg. the transaction will proceed once the buyers funds have been processed by the chain.

I can’t recall if the chain will have private messaging. Though it will be 100% up to you to make the call on whether or not to buy a product from a non reputable specific seller or reputable.

Ill add that the fee to be able to give your account/store/community/ect/ect the ability to gain rep and have a face is not substantial.

2 Likes

Ok I think I’m starting to understand it now. Sellers will have the option to set up something like a store, where they’ll be able to receive ratings from buyers. But a seller won’t have to do this, if they don’t want to. Correct?

2 Likes

Yeah mate. So there wouldn’t be much point if you were going to sell something once. If you were going to sell occasionally it would be recommended because as you know more rep = more traffic.

2 Likes