Wrapped SFX ideas

Yea, I think @cryptooli understands the separation well, I might be wrong but he seems to be more worried of the technicalities and complications of coding all of this. Its taken 5 years to create the safex blockchain so it’s natural to grow awareness to developer resources.

The only thing executing this will do to SFT is add value to it. It’s complimentary, not competition.

2 Likes

When will Edwin be added to the team?

3 Likes

“Let us control the money of a nation, and we care not who makes its laws”

The House of Rothschilds.

2 Likes

So if I want to buy 100 million TWM tokens can I do so ?

And these can be turned into safex cash ?

And then devalue Safex cash just like they do when they print excess dollars ?

Or do I keep the 100m TWM tokens and get to be king ?

1 Like

They are two different coins, with two different purposes on two different chains… no devaluing takes place.

1 Like

yeah, that is correct. It is about what is technically possible to do, and when would be the best time to allocate time and resources towards it. IMO, since the safex core / gui is still awaiting updates and improvements in the near future, the focus should be on this before introducing another task with the governance token.

are things like snapshots possible on a CryptoNote chain? Many tokens get distributed based on snapshots but maybe this is not possible in our case due to the privacy features. Anyways, I am welcoming this discussion either way.

1 Like

You said one would be above the other right ?

“TWM token’s purpose will be to govern TWM, not the Safex blockchain. It can help get rid of bad actors”

Can you explain to me how this is done ?

Is this like the china-social-credit-system ?

Do you really want to create that kind of slave “community” ?

A lot of work and time (years) as gone into the Safex project !
And we have all believed in it’s future success just as it was !
Now just as we are near the start, some new people can come in and start putting doubt into the project saying in effect that if you don’t do this it won’t work…

Read between the lines people !

There’s this thing of offering an awesome service and attracting customers vs a closed for members only club where it becomes cult like with levels and reward for worship !

Please don’t take your eyes off the prize !
We are creating a marketplace not a new country !
A country is a whole new sets of problems with manipulations and power freaks, and humanity has not been successful in creating a utopia !
But creating a great marketplace that my friends we have a good chance to shine !

I want to be a part of something that is attractive and useful to ordinary people and enrich their lives and we all get to profit from it !

I don’t want to be involved in a system of control where we are dependent on forced participation and the need to recruit new cult members with the promise of reward for good behavior and punishment for bad.

We have all been wronged by GOV and Banks and rich people, with the likes of ; the federal reserve, inflation, over taxation, and now social credit score (biased social medias, censorship, deplatforming, SJW’s etc).
We have all been robbed of wealth, inheritance, land, possessions, etc, by corrupt people and systems.
We have a chance here to get something back.
Lets not repeat the same old mistakes.

2 Likes

Yes, there are definitely priorities before providing an airdrop to SFT holders. Best to lead with SFX and wSFX bridge along with GUI improvements and of course, the most important thing might be the onboarding process of vendors to TWM, that I believe Dan is working on.

If it’s not possible to do it on cryptonote, then assuming eventually there will be wSFT, then we can just announce an airdrop date so people have time to move funds and participate. Then go back to staking SFT on safex blockchain. This can happen in the future and preferably after EIP1559 happens so eth fees are lower.

Thank you for indulging me, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

yes, so layer 1 is the most important layer. It’s the foundation of the project and just like the foundation of your house is the most important layer to build on top. It’s the same thing throughout ideas and technology.

So the Safex blockchain has strict rules optimized for ecommerce.

You can build on top of this and I imagine Dan wants this to happen, this is why he created an API to communicate to the main chain (layer 1). This is a way to keep whatever is connected through the API, at the fundamental level, obeying the rules of the Safex Blockchain, hence a trustless protocol.

Essentially TWM is a GUI that communicates with the Safex blockchain via an API, so you can call this a 2nd layer in a sense. TWM token is a governance token for TWM, not the safex blockchain. As @cryptooli has stated SFT should be used for governance of the Safex Blockchain, not some new token. This is abdsolutely true and I am sure Dan has thought through how governance would work for Safex.

Vendors and buyers will be the ones creating real value for the whole ecosystem through TWM gui. Owning a piece of something you help grow has beautiful network effects. You become proud to own it and participate in the network, you tell everyone about it and since you are vested in it and have a say in the development because you helped grow it. You start getting a userbase that isn’t going to leave and essentially works for the project.

upside only

3 Likes

I want this too, and from how Safex is built; Dan wants it most.

There is no punishment for bad, and it’s a growing phase to reward early adopters and users that will help grow the network and help enrich the lives of all the people they onboard. We all want people to have an opportunity to easily sell a product worldwide because this empowers people. Safex has the power to change anyones economic state as long as they have a computer. No reason not to grow a network through a positive sum game.

The safex blockchain will always be sovereign with no censorship.

2 Likes

Gurus will always find fallowers !

1 Like

Dan has done this by himself !
Why have you accepted this praise ?

2 Likes

Hi @thxo1138,

Actually, I’ve been a Safex investor since 2017, so not entirely new. The ideas that were proposed basically were to increase traffic on the TWM.

As you know @dandabek is developing a wrapped SFX to provide liquidity thru Uniswsap. We’re all excited about the potential of the Safex Blockchain and the TWM wallet. Far as I know the CLI and TWM wallets are the only apps right now on the blockchain, but there can be others!

So yes, first things first, get TWM fully established and we have something special! I expect marketing will begin in earnest once that happens and hopefully both SFX and SFT begin to really take off.

It’s just thinking out loud, that’s all. Dan delivered, and it’s fun to speculate about different ideas and possibilities. But in the end, it’s Dan who knows what’s best!

3 Likes

Didn’t say a word about you.

And ideas can be great and can also be bad and disastrous.

My goal is not to stop people talking but to make them think.

1 Like

Governance & governance tokens

Governance refers to the maintenance, enforcement, and regulation of a decentralized protocol by token holders. Usually, Anyone who holds the protocol’s native token can participate in governance decision-making and propose governance measures themselves.

1 Like

This is the main danger;

“Governance tokens are popular, but industry players speaking to Cryptonews.com warned they come with a number of problems that will have to be solved over time. These include such problems as the concentration of governance tokens in the hands of a few holders,”

1 Like

I’ve stayed silent on this thread all week, but I must say…

I find it unbelievable just how quickly you’ve taken Dan’s private company, TWM Inc, and decided it need a governance token.

This is his wallet, which he will be allowing others to use.

I could be entirely wrong, but I can’t imagine why he’d want to give up the governance aspect to the community, when the entire point (from my perspective) was to create a wallet where he had full control of merchant onboarding.

4 Likes

Indeed. People are free to build their own API to interface with the blockchain.

5 Likes