EPYC Miner build discussion

Did you name it different to your other miner? If named the same, they’ll just show as a single line on the pool with a combined hashrate.

I did give it a different name. and none of my other miners have a increased hash rate.

All I can suggest is that you troubleshoot to see if it’s actually producing hashes.

thanks for your suggestions. solution was reburning the sfxos onto a new thumb drive. the other two usbs I was using weren’t working, maybe the files were corrupted.

1 Like

I would like to sell my SafeX miner. I built it according to Dan’s build video last October and it runs perfectly. It includes:
ASRock ATX Motherboard (B450 PRO4)
Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 8GB (2 x 4GB) 3200MHz Memory Kit - PVS48G320C6K
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core, 24-thread unlocked desktop processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler
EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W Power Supply( 100-W1-0500-KR)
SAMSUNG MUF-32AB/AM FIT Plus 32GB - 200MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive

Asking $400. Let me know if you are interested?

1 Like

Got 20kH/s with Ryzen 5950x with some overclocking/tuning

2 Likes

I get about 16.2 with my 5950X (CL16 ram), with only setting ram to xmp default.

Would love to hear what specific tweaks you made.

2 Likes

I found those timings (https://imgur.com/gallery/zbjutGv) and went with them. Got really good increase from 15k (even with xmp profile) to 20k. I have G.SKILL 16GB Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL14 KIT F4-3600C14D-16GTZNB memory which is really good one, but also pretty expensive. Those timings were from a guy with same RAM memory, so it can be that it is not achievable by your RAM, but definitely worth googling for good timing for your memory.

For my previous memory HyperX 3200 I was using DRAM calculator to get faster possible timings and also got nice % increase

3 Likes