How to save OFFLINE my private keys?

Hello, i want to save my private keys offline in the new v.7 wallet ,i am not sure if all i have to do is to unplug the ethernet wire / or to close my wifi connection before i click - new address and -back up my safex keys then i save them in 3 usb sticks before i start the internet connection again.
Am i doing this right ? is there any danger ? Do i have to save my keys offline just to be sure nobody won’t be able to stole them ? Any help or suggestions please !!!

5 Likes

Athan, I would print out two or more copies as well (while still offline) and keep the printed copies and your USBs in different secure places.

7 Likes

Everything sensitive takes place on the wallet; so no sensitive data is sent out of the wallet.

Turning off internet will help protect in case you already have a trojan; however at that point if the trojan is aware of your wallet then sure; although it is still unlikely to penetrate the wallet application and steal your keys.

As stated you can write them down; (be careful with that); you can print them out

2 Likes