import export wallet issue

im having a problem with the wallet and im looking for some help. i export the file with my private key. but when i try to import that same file, it does not work. i am just trying to test the recovery process before i put my coins in the wallet. i think what is happening, is that, the exported file is not saving as a .dat file.
to try to fix this, i open the file in note pad then saved it as safexwallet.dat. but still no luck. has anyone else had this issue? does anyone know how to recover there wallet if they need to? can anyone help me out?
thanks

1 Like

Your wallet (safexwallet.dat) is under the root directory of your user :wink:

1 Like

You can make a new wallet, and open that file that was created.

Use the “import key” feature: copy the private key and hit import key. This is not a bug it was designed this way.

I see the issue, and I have a solution that will make it user friendly and more intuitive in this regard.

Also a tutorial video is being prepared for everyone.

1 Like

Hey guys, I have a different issue here. I created a new wallet, and it looks fine at first. Once I restarted my comp and wanted to login the wallet again, it shows wrong password. I tried many times with the same password i created mins ago but it won’t let me login. I also tried to import my wallet (Previously I done the export) but the file is on TXT file, it wouldn’t work again. I’m like forget about it, I’m gonna create a new wallet. But then I can’t find a way to create a new wallet, just “Login” & “Import Wallet”. Hope this issue will be fix in the upcoming 0.0.2 updates. Thanks!

1 Like