RandomSFX CPU Mining Benchmarks (list your CPUs, the specs and hashrate)

The mining rig in the guide is a standalone PC which isn’t physically connected to a laptop or another PC etc.

If you remove the red graphics card, monitor and cat, this is what the completed rig will look like.

6 Likes

Aw, I think the cat should be included in the tutorial as well :grin:

7 Likes

Unfortunately including the cat results in a 100% loss of hashrate due the to the chewing of various parts :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

I am looking for some advice. Looking at the speeds being achieved by others on this thread I feel I need to tweak my set up.
I have a Ryzen 5 3350g/ 3.6ghz quad core.
L2 cache 2mb
L3 cache 4mb
Ram 16gb / 2666mhz
Hard drive 512gb ssd

Only getting 1.3 k/h

I am using my work computer but even when I am not using the computer for work it doesn’t get much above.
I do run xmrig as administrator and huge pages have permission granted.

2 Likes

With the 4mb of L3 cache, you’ll only have 2 threads mining capacity.

Does your mobo have dual channel ram capability, and are you utilising that with 2 ram sticks in the correct slots?

2 Likes

Thanks for that. No dual just ram 1 x 16gb. Going to buy a Rzyen 9 3900x which has L3 of 64mb and 2 x 16gb ram. Got the taste of this mining and want to do it properly.

4 Likes

Unless you plan on doing other stuff with the rig, 2 x 8Gb Ram is more than enough for just mining, afaik.

3 Likes

AMd Ryzen 9 5900x, 16GB (2x8gb) CL14 memory, Win 10. 19042.1288

Average about 16khs with my GPU running about 18Khs but isn’t economically feasible.

6 Likes

Hey guys, running a macbook pro for mining:

2GHz Quad i5
MAC OS Big Sur
16GB 3733 DDR4

Newbie question as I’m not great at this, is there any settings I can adjust in the miner set up to get a bit more juice out of it?
As I’m only averaging between 950-1100h/s.

Big Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know nothing about Macs, but if you give some more info - maybe a screenshot of the xmrig window with all the startup info, maybe we can see what’s what.

3 Likes

2 Likes

And the next bits under that, which shows all the starting info :pray:

2 Likes

my bad. Really showing my newbie skills here :rofl:

Appreciate any assistance :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, huge pages isn’t running, which will account for a huge drop in hashrate afaik.

Go into your config.json and set hugepages to true in the cpu section.

You’ll also see a huge-pages-jit line below it. Mine is set to false in windows and huge pages works fine. But for Mac, you may also need to set that to true :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

This is how the huge pages stuff should display (all green, not red) if working correctly.

3 Likes

BTW, got my huge pages running finally and forgot to say big thanks :smiley:
Really appreciate the help and now running consistently over 2kH/sec. Double what I was running before.

3 Likes

If anyone is running a rig with an AMD threadripper I’d like to know your results. I’d like to see if it’s economically viable over 3900-5950x. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, I have Ryzen 9 5900x, 16Gb (2x8Gb), Ubuntu and my average about 12.5Khs (Only CPU)

you overclock? Thanks

3 Likes

R9 5950X, cl16 ram @ 3200, xmrig 6.16.3 on Win 10: 16.5kH/s

3 Likes

How hot is it getting ?
What is the ambient temp ?
And what is the cooler you are using ?
Is it in a case ?

2 Likes