Recover password or keys

I’m simply an involved community member. After all, Safex is very much a community coin project, with the goal of launching a decentralised marketplace on an uncensorable blockchain, using privacy coin features.

As for a web link, You’re already here, tbh… the weekly updates in this forum given you a great idea of the current state of the project (completed testnet, now in stagenet, expecting Mainnet Marketplace launch later this year).

Essentially, the marketplace code is fully functional on the blockchain via command line interface (In testnet/stagenet)… create/edit a merchant account, list/edit items for sale, price pegging, purchase using SFX, feedback (merchant ratings), automatic 5% commission taken from every sale, which goes into a pool and get allocated for distribution to the eligible SFT staked at the time of the sale, and unstaking your SFT to claim the accrued rev share (paid to your account in SFX).

Development focus is now on getting the GUI wallet completed, to provide a user-friendly experience, and the associated API, which include a messaging system, to allow encrypted communications between buyer and seller (who are the only people who get involved in the transaction)

The roadmap does include further features down the road, but v1 launch is as described above.

The Safex blockchain is a 2-coin ecosystem, and when the old SAFEX coins were migrated, holders received a 1:1 of Safex Token (SFT) and approximately 1:0.0023 Safex Cash (SFX) into their new alley addresses.

The Blue Paper gives more info on the what’s and why’s.

I’ve simplified a few things in my explanation above, but it’s accurate enough to give you the picture of where we sit.

Cheers, Aussie Sloth! Great name btw haha. I’m also Aussie. I really appreciate all the information, you have got me much more interested. I will read through the blue paper later today. Currently where do you hold, or recommend holding SFT?

Yes, lots of Aussies got introduced to Safex via Coinspot, including me.

As for the amount of SFT to hold (and subsequently Stake, once marketplace launches), it really comes down to what you can afford, what your risk/reward comfort level is, and what sort of returns you’d hope to reach.

Check out https://safex.tools/

The calculator allows you to play around with various numbers, to see what x amount of coins will return if annual marketplace volume is y.