Safe Exchange Dev Update March 19, 2016

Thanks @ddabek this gives an idea which direction this is going and it’s the right one. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol…not a chance… :smile: [quote=“uqaz, post:20, topic:236”]
Just think about Edward Snowden, then change the subject (politic stuff out, science things in).
[/quote]

The problem is that people making this kind of claim about “scientific research” being censored is that when investigated it usually turns out to be “Quackery research” or sponsored FUD.
The fact that you cannot provide a single evidenced occurrence of scientific research being censored by anybody for any coherent reason, suggests there’s no substance to your claims… :smile:

Always good to get updates.

1 Like

great daniel, tyvm. looking forward to this project, it just needs to happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

From all ways science is stifled. The published results are often supressed through “owners” and the “evaluation process” of research. Now it would be much better if research could be openly bought in a marketplace that makes this material readily available.

https://www.plos.org/publications/publication-fees/

Here you go pay 3,000 to get published also a form of censorship, have to have dough to show.

I’m sure can find many articles on the matter where science is suppressed. Not arguing here, just making things easy for people to source understanding about the world around them. The publications in mainstream databases will cost us many dollars at a time. If only they were no more than a quarter and they were readily available.

That’s the difference, torrenting can never get us a marketplace because some party needs to host the files. There is no sense of originator of a file. SAFE changes the landscape. No longer dependent on individual hosts, and the payment can be directed to the originator. We don’t argue about copyright it is not our place we are not able to censor anything, only filter so no sense arguing copyrights etc. SAFE does great justice to respect people’s copyright because at least you can download from the originator and the originator of content can make their account public and verify it if they choose. You can respect people’s perceived rights and only purchase from them.

5 Likes

Have you heard of Andrew wakefield? Theres a film released over the next days named “vaxxed”. Check i out.
Are you and your kids fully vaxxed by the way? Mostly peeps who are fully vaccinated have no desire to question as its too late. For them.

And great update Daniel, nice to see the progress.

2 Likes

Will a voting application still be added to the TWM-APP?

1 Like

There is the possibility to of course express “I have X number of coins, and I expect Y to happen”

Though, in actuality it is not an enforceable element, because you must tie in to the voting some parameters of the blockchain. So, that is why it became something of lower importance to develop, because a voting application, is just an opinion, however, carrying out the demand of the opinion is not guaranteed. So I imagine that such an app would be valuable to someone who would want to invest into the community, control some amount of tokens, which need to be obtained from the open markets. Then you would be able to see if other token holders support your idea through such an app, then you can invest and hope people will accept it into the blockchain network.

So in this case, such a voting app is more like a survey of the community stake holders. This is valuable IMO yet at the early stage where we are emerging from, I thought it was more valuable to invest my time and resources to develop the marketplace application ahead of such a voting application. Either way we have this discussion forum, and many people feel free to voice the opinion here and elsewhere on the internet, and considering where we are today, we managed to coordinate well enough, keep things decentralized, and global.

I forsee in a future that someone, or we build such an app yet I still see it as just an opinion survey backed up with a token holding: we did this already in the past with the Safe Exchange Coins when we opted to develop the Safex Blockchain in the first place rather than use a 3rd party blockchain such as ethereum.

1 Like