Safe Exchange proposal for new network

The snapshot will be on October 3rd 2016,

The rust server got overloaded with requests, against that I am adding a “recaptcha”; completely expected that to happen at some point (server crash) until I pushed the recaptcha.

Does that mean I have to move the coins from bittrex to an address of which I control the private key?

1 Like

Yes that’s correct otherwise you won’t be able to form a vote

Thanks for the update and answers. I’ll be voting yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dallyshalla, I’ve watched LIFE IS PEOPLE #176 twice and liked it, but I’m still not 100% clear about everything I’ll need to do to prove my ownership of SEC so that I can vote.

Any chance of a written step-by step description of what to do - for total dummies like me - before it’s voting day?

1 Like

@forumtum, definitely the commandline part of it surely may of threw you off, and I haven’t given any written instructions to use it.

Long story short:
You just need the SEC on an address to which you possess the private key.

The application I built handles the rest from your desktop.

1. Download proposal file
  2. Open Voting App
  3. Use voting app with the proposal file + private key
  4. Choose your vote
  5. save the vote file
  6. upload vote file to the website: http://vote.forum.safex.org
  7. done.

This is an informal instructions and they are not far off from what you will actually need to do to establish your ownership and selection

1 Like

Thanks @dallyshalla, that’s just what I needed. And the private key stays offline and secure throughout - have I got that right?

1 Like

Yes the Vote part of the app is 100% offline.

The proposal maker does connect to omniwallet.org API to fetch the list of coin owners. So proposal app does go online just only for that, voting app does not go online ever at all.

Nothing from either app is transmitting any of your private key info. You can check the source code, and we will provide a the hash of the compiled from source to the binary of each app to verify security of the application before and after download. Source code is at https://github.com/safex/vote/tree/master/ui

Can you please write an instruction for us who has our SEC on bittrex and found previous instructions with onmniwallet to technical ?

1 Like

I will be sure to make a video instructions for this over the next few days and post the youtube link.

1 Like

I’m undecided as to which way to vote.

My ideal would be for Safex to be on the Safe Network, but it’s sensible to diversify risk. If this vote was held a good few weeks back, I’d definitely be voting yes.

However, with the recent Safe Network progress on data types, APIs, and stable test environment with the Alpha, as a non-developer I’m wondering whether the Safe Network is becoming less risky to the point where meaningful development could start?

What features would be needed that aren’t currently available on the Safe Alpha network + upcoming RFCs?

If the Safe Network still presents a big risk, then the risk of developing a custom blockchain based solution may be smaller than the risk of depending on the Safe Network. But if the Safe Network is looking less risky, then the risks of splitting focus between Safex and a custom back end to run it may be higher than depending on the Safe Network.

Looking forward to the outcome of the vote either way so that focus can be applied to making Safex happen!

1 Like

Finally, @dallyshalla, i saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIG2Waz3MoI

Can i ask what you consider “anonimity”?

Because when you buy a bitcoin with FIAT in an Exchange, in my country, a kind of social security number is necessary (in a mandatory exchange’s form). So, you just have to follow the flow in the blockchain.

Is this anonimity to you? Or, anonimity in Safex “cleans” the origin of the input?

1 Like

It means that the trace of your funds can not be deciphered by arbitrary query.

I should not be able to see your balance if you didn’t tell it to me. And also when I trade for something and I make a payment you should not be able to see the path, only that you received the payment and it is non-repudiable.

This “you” and “I”, I get. But what about “they”?

There still have a clear map of what “we” did?

I don’t know what are you thinking, Dan. But every transaction made in Safex could be hidden by something like this: https://bitmixer.io

See, even the fee could be changeable by the level of complexity that you require on ramdomness.

@uqaz https://cryptonote.org/standards/

1 Like

is the vote on time tmrw? been waiting a month man!

1 Like

Yes, it should be tomorrow sometime in the afternoon US-PST.

+usage instructions

1 Like

Dally, Voting should have there options:

• Yes, PoW;
  • Yes, but let’t make it conversible to SAFE Network;
  • No, Wait for Maidsafe.

What do you think?

2 Likes

I can agree with those set of options for sure.

The proposal I think will be very simple and simply include the link to the github I posted last week:

@uqaz, Yes, but let’t make it conversible to SAFE Network;

Does this choice mean, we should build our PoW blockchain and also consider converting to MaidSafe?

Are you thinking about a hibrid thing like Steem.it (95℅ PoS / 5℅ PoW)?

If so, and the winning option is “Yes, but let’t make it conversible to SAFE Network;” another pool should be formed to set proportions between SAFE Network rewards (safecoins) and New tokens mined, right?

From 0℅ safecoins / 100℅ new token to 100℅ safecoins / 0℅ nee token various options should be votable. But I fear that new token miners would be afraid of that, no (since they would invest in mining equipment they would aways be hostage of a chance in those proportions)?

Man, we should give a better thought on this … The way I see it SEC holders take a cut on fees originated from two kinds of sources, completely different lol. A future crazy idea is to have a PEG between a safecoins and New tokens, and miners could also enforce it, somehoe

Pie in the sky, I know. Sorry for the wild brainstorming, but I sense that things are getting complex as we picture scenarios.

1 Like