Safe Exchange proposal for new network

Finally, @dallyshalla, i saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIG2Waz3MoI

Can i ask what you consider “anonimity”?

Because when you buy a bitcoin with FIAT in an Exchange, in my country, a kind of social security number is necessary (in a mandatory exchange’s form). So, you just have to follow the flow in the blockchain.

Is this anonimity to you? Or, anonimity in Safex “cleans” the origin of the input?

1 Like

It means that the trace of your funds can not be deciphered by arbitrary query.

I should not be able to see your balance if you didn’t tell it to me. And also when I trade for something and I make a payment you should not be able to see the path, only that you received the payment and it is non-repudiable.

This “you” and “I”, I get. But what about “they”?

There still have a clear map of what “we” did?

I don’t know what are you thinking, Dan. But every transaction made in Safex could be hidden by something like this: https://bitmixer.io

See, even the fee could be changeable by the level of complexity that you require on ramdomness.

@uqaz https://cryptonote.org/standards/

1 Like

is the vote on time tmrw? been waiting a month man!

1 Like

Yes, it should be tomorrow sometime in the afternoon US-PST.

+usage instructions

1 Like

Dally, Voting should have there options:

• Yes, PoW;
  • Yes, but let’t make it conversible to SAFE Network;
  • No, Wait for Maidsafe.

What do you think?

2 Likes

I can agree with those set of options for sure.

The proposal I think will be very simple and simply include the link to the github I posted last week:

@uqaz, Yes, but let’t make it conversible to SAFE Network;

Does this choice mean, we should build our PoW blockchain and also consider converting to MaidSafe?

Are you thinking about a hibrid thing like Steem.it (95℅ PoS / 5℅ PoW)?

If so, and the winning option is “Yes, but let’t make it conversible to SAFE Network;” another pool should be formed to set proportions between SAFE Network rewards (safecoins) and New tokens mined, right?

From 0℅ safecoins / 100℅ new token to 100℅ safecoins / 0℅ nee token various options should be votable. But I fear that new token miners would be afraid of that, no (since they would invest in mining equipment they would aways be hostage of a chance in those proportions)?

Man, we should give a better thought on this … The way I see it SEC holders take a cut on fees originated from two kinds of sources, completely different lol. A future crazy idea is to have a PEG between a safecoins and New tokens, and miners could also enforce it, somehoe

Pie in the sky, I know. Sorry for the wild brainstorming, but I sense that things are getting complex as we picture scenarios.

1 Like

I like the sound of that option.

Due to risk mitigation, I’d like Daniel to progress his own system for now.

But if Daniel’s system isn’t ready before the Safe network, or isn’t as good for the task as the Safe Network, I’d like Daniel to be open to shifting Safex back to the Safe Network.

@dallyshalla, as your proposal aims to reduce exposure to third party risk, is it implicit that if the Safe Network were up & running before your own method & ceased to be a risk, you would shift focus back to the Safe Network as the primary back end for Safex?

2 Likes

@DavidMc0, it is always important to keep in mind technical limitations on an eventual convertion between those two kinds of networks.

2 Likes

@uqaz actually these are ideas I wanted to go with as well:

1. a second exchange earns SEC holders fees from 1. our network and 2. maidsafe’s plan
  2. exchange safecoin for newcoin
  3. exchange newcoin for any other compatible anonymous coins as well

There is no plan to do proof of stake in the newcoin network. Purely Proof of Work.

Proof of Stake is in the redemption of fees that’s SEC holders not for mining blocks.

@DavidMc0 you’re absolutely correct, and if maidsafe is working as described we’d prefer it over Tor.

6 Likes

what happened with voting? did i miss something? thanks

1 Like

http://vote.forum.safex.org/viewproposal/8df83883353514ecf81a4e0948f29a354bbadbf4da41e1318837fa6f1e59cae9SafeExchangeDeploymentProposal

Is it on?

Do you have a video or file with instructions?

1 Like

waiting on ur instructions dally shalla , im not so good in those things in ur video
making keys nd moving money sure np but u got to help us out :wink:

yes, instructions please.

i take it the 2nd option would be to build our own network now but move to safe also when its proven ?

surprised anyone would vote otherwise to be honest

edit - spelling

Are there any news?

We will probably need to relaunch the proposal with a fresh time frame, and I need to push the binaries. I am trying to find the time to do that.

5 Likes

So the voting hasn’t started yet?