Safe Exchange proposal for new network

I didn’t get around to making the video yet
But here is the binary for Linux

unzip double click SafexVote will spawn the application and you can put the proposal file which is downloadable from the http://vote.forum.safex.org website

And import your private key with SEC on it choose, click Generate Vote, Save to Desktop,. then hit the link to choose where to save the vote to… Return to the Website and upload your vote.

1 Like

i take it there will be a binary for windows at some point also?

1 Like

The application has no scrollbars which makes in unusable on monitors with low vertical resolution.
tried the import my omniwallet private key (the content in the private key field in the exported json file) but it was not accepted.
And when i press the x in the window corner the windows closes but the safexvote process keep running in the background.

1 Like

I see the issue with the SafexVote process keeps running. If you failed to upload the key the first time or you fail to upload it appears to crash to applet that does the crypto and voting. I am looking into it.

Keys from Omniwallet.org backup should be working perfectly fine… I just tested 10 of them

The one thing however is that I have not yet added support for “Compressed” private keys: starting with K or L… only those starting with 5 are supported currently. Bitaddress.org is making Compressed private keys by defailt.

https://youtu.be/Tn5rbXBwTtc

Ran safevote on my server (x forwarding) and the private key got accepted.
Likely a cpu bug or an instruction not supported on my old c2d laptop.

1 Like

what about windows users?

3 Likes

Definitely need to address windows. … I built for windows but the test failed… I dont have a windows machine nearby I will check into it this evening.

Heads up: once all the info on voting is out there, I’ll repost the proposal with a fresh 2016 blocks which is 14 days until it is “ended”

2 Likes

Cool glad someone more figured out how to use the voting:

http://vote.forum.safex.org/viewproposal/8df83883353514ecf81a4e0948f29a354bbadbf4da41e1318837fa6f1e59cae9SafeExchangeDeploymentProposal

Further heads up… Since the vote would be over in 3 days… and I didn’t get the usability together until this week… it will restart in 3 days. By that time the windows binary will be published as well as the video how to use the windows version as well.

Thank you all for your patience, I’m very excited to see the results.

2 Likes

glad the way the voting went, even though its not final, looking forward to participating.
we started this to use maidsafe, id hate to abandon such a large revenue stream, even if theyre not ready yet.

I understand the logic; however, I must mention: what we have for ourselves is to be great. So much so we don’t need another platform. If there is another when we’re done that we can tap into for further revenue then we could propose to tap into it with an additional proposal.

I mention this in the light of focus. I’m not planning to make any mediocre blockchain network, but one that fulfills our requirements and innovates beyond the existing products, and to do marketing on a profound scale as I shouldn’t have done for maidsafe.

2 Likes

my logic is simply that.

1. i got into this along with everyone else ( i believe ) to provide an exchange for maidsade and earn safecoins.

2. that could be a huge market waiting to be tapped with no advertising needed if we were the first exchange there and you completed the project as initially described.

3. creating another market and getting equivalent returns would no doubt need a lot of advertising which costs money and time, afaik theyre are allready wallets offering exchange between coins so you cant lose out to exchange hacks and theyre not very well used.

i wish you every success in building us all a great platform, but i very much want a slice of those safecoins waiting to be had.

2 Likes

Good news just built the proposalservice.exe

Should be not long from now to produce the build for windows. :sunrise:

4 Likes

Just tested the windows binary:

but need to swap out the css give very soon will test new css in few minutes

1 Like

so its working on windows… one tweak I would make is to deal with when closing the app to turn off the services of electron and the proposal applet… but as it is it is working and nicely

Tomorrow Ill reset the voting and publish the video how to use windows and add commentary.

7 Likes

thanks for getting this sorted. time this project made some headway.
no doubt you have been busy anyway, but would be nice to see this taking shape.

2 Likes

Dallyshalla, can you please give us an idea about the timeframe of the 3 voting options? Obviously we don’t know when/if maidsafe will be finished, but it’s still relevant with a comparison of the amount of time coding the 3 potential alternatives.

2 Likes

Option 1. we go just only with the blockchain platform.

In my estimation this will be prepared and ready by the end of February, and launched by April 2017.

Option 2. We go with our blockchain platform, meanwhile hunt for other platforms.

This takes the Option 1 estimate, launch, begin trading, and see other platform options, perhaps Maidsafe is finished and we see about fitting in, though as mentioned in the past, Maidsafe will need a wild testing to be considered viable.

Option 3. Wait for Maidsafe

From the experience and consideration of testing required this option could be a couple of years away.

3 Likes

launch in april sounds good to me.

1 Like

Sounds good to me too.

1 Like