Safex Dev Update: March 29, 2021

TWM Wallet Prerelease
Last week there was a prerelease published of the twm wallet for windows. So far silently many downloaded and successfully staked by now more than 300m safex tokens.

Some stats from the https://safex.ninja site that pulls the stats from the safex blockchain about the marketplace

safex_blockchain_stats_march29_2021

You can find the releases for mac and windows here:

Release TWM 1.0.0 prerelease · twminc/twm · GitHub

With this wallet you can load your balance, stake tokens, unstake, buy an item, view your sft/sfx balances.

So far there are two test items seen when you click “show products” in the “market” section.

A parallel application stores the merchant application. We should treat this moment as a pilot of the live marketplace. A merchant onboarding process will be published in some moment and the merchant application shared.

This week we will publish a website for the world marketplace, and start listing products.

An additional step is to release signed versions of the applications so that the operating system will recognize the publisher, at this stage only use those downloadable links on the twminc github page shown above.

If you find any issues please report them to the forum here.

Also, if you restore from seeds or keys you should reopen the application and open it with “open existing wallet” option to generate a .twm file.

Realize there are three files:
yourwallet
yourwallet.keys
yourwallet.twm

the .twm file will store all of your messages and orders and your verification key that is generated uniquely with each purchase you make

the .keys file stores your private spend and view keys which control your safex money

and the file without the extension stores the data from the blockchain that has been discovered related to your wallet.

If you are using the orbiter wallet, you could make a new folder and put the “.keys” file in that new folder and use “open existing wallet”. When the wallet loads, leave it alone as it will be synchronizing with the blockchain. If after 15-20 minutes the balance does not update, you can initiate a “hard rescan”.

A comprehensive tutorial will be created though these notes so far will be sufficient at this moment.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
The Safex Development Community

25 Likes

exciting times! keep going!

6 Likes

Great job, team. Looking forward to seeing what the week brings.

7 Likes

like and reply #twm on twitter for a chance to win 2000 sfx by April 2nd

12 Likes

an awesome milestone!

5 Likes

FYI I can only guarantee that 2,000 will be sent to the winner but someone increased the pot to 3,000, and i have no reason to believe that he won’t hold true to his word

16 Likes

The prerelease is a real beatifuII peace of software. Can’t wait for the full release and real offers popping up.

Took a while thus far, but if the result is great all time Waiting is forgotten quite fast :relaxed:

9 Likes

Hhmmm, excellent progress but will wait for a bit, time for my nap.

3 Likes

Great work! Will we be seeing a binary release for Linux at some point or will we need to compile it from source code?

2 Likes

There will be a linux build, however, I must change the project name since it can get messed up with the native twm linux package

10 Likes

Great job! Thanks a bunch.

2 Likes

Next step should be marketing and spreading the word about sft. For now safex doesn’t really exist in altcoins world, few people know about this

4 Likes

I’m relatively new to the space, what if any are the benefits of downloading the pre-release TWM Wallet over waiting.

5 Likes

Here’s a few…

• Send SFT/SFX
  • view balances
  • stake your SFT
  • purchase some of the goods Dan is listing on the marketplace while he finetunes the merchant side of the process.
  • give feedback here in the forum to help improve the wallet in future iterations
12 Likes

Does the wallet have an exchange where I can trade SFX for SFT or vice versa?

1 Like

There is no exchange function in the wallet

2 Likes

There is a sft/sfx pair on xcalibra:
https://trade.xcalibra.com/exchange/SFT_SFX

6 Likes