Safex Dev Update: May 3, 2021

We are in progress to list several brand catalogs, in the meantime I am putting up nice items of great quality that might make a nice gift as well :slight_smile:

Glad you made it to here, stay tuned, we’re scaling up!

12 Likes

Cool thanks Dan!

7 Likes

i hope you solve these problems soon :

1. scroll down/up in windows app
  2. deposit/withdrawal in bw.com
2 Likes

Guys, we are missing another cryptobubble
AGAIN! And safex is still worthless. That’s damn sad

2 Likes

Sad, but when Safex rises it will rise for a reason, not because of some bubble

4 Likes

But you need liquidity, providers of liquidity are speculators. The same as on the market of currencies or oil, steel, corn etc.

1 Like

These things takes time. Hang in there! There is utility in Safex cash and tokens, it’s meant to be used.

3 Likes

Relies on real world sales for success. It’s a keeper through any crypto cycle IMO.

2 Likes

Is this the latest update? Progress seems to have slowed down when this should be the most exciting time for the project? I don’t know whether to blindly trust that there is development and activities behind the scene or move on?

2 Likes

In the discord community Dan said there will be a big update in the next week. Don’t know what to expect but development is happening, I don’t like it either that there where no development updates the two last weeks, but I feel like Dan sometimes prefers to work on it and surprises everyone once it’s there, and therefore not giving updates hopping to finish it earlier…

Just guessing, but all in all I have little doubt that progress is happening behind the scenes.

4 Likes

I’ve been hodling Safex since 2017. There has been progress and Dan, for the most part, has accomplished a gook chunk of what he set out to do. What’s really frustrating with Dan and this project though, is anyone asking questions they don’t like, should actually be prepared to be frustrated! As on this forum and twitter, they won’t respond to a lot of members concerns and definitely not questions they don’t like. Here are some concerns I raised in a post awhile back. No response from Dan or the devs. So while a lot of the development was and is somewhat community driven, this aspect of the project, voicing concerns, or what I believe are fair questions, is not.

Best Wishes!

1 Like

This project is no different than an IT department I work in. The business users are always asking questions about timelines and next steps and all sorts of things however our instructions are to not reply and only talk about things when they’re ready for release.

I know everyone has expectations that Dan has to serve their interest and satisfy all their questions but that’s not his responsibility and it’s not his job. He does so when and if he is able, not to mention that it would continually slow down progress by having to continually answer the same questions over.

Everyone should remember Dan doesn’t work for them and he is the one funding this project so all deliverables are on him and his timeline and as he sees fit. It’s only fair.

6 Likes

You can join “Safex ninja “ in telegram. You can see activity within current wallet on a daily basis. All work in progress with the prerelease till the main release is ready

4 Likes

Hi @THINKER,

I respect your opinion. I used to feel that way too. You’ll probably get an attaboy from Dan.

2 Likes

I really would like more transparency and communication,
But THINKER is absolute right. After all it’s an open source project, if progress is to slow everyone here could build their own wallet (theoretically).

3 Likes

Hi Mex,

I respect your opinion as well. My concern was never about the progress. I’ve often said that Safex has a great community and Dan and the development team have accomplished a lot, for which they have my respect and appreciation!

But when other members and investors have obvious concerns and ask what I believe to be fair questions, the leader of the project should make every effort to respond, and in some cases allay concerns that one may have. There does happen to be some documentation available on Twitter by others, most likely investors who’ve been hurt by Dan @dandabek and their misplaced faith in him, who have raised some serious red flags that I feel need to be addressed, should be addressed. But they are never addressed. Plus, there are many general questions that are innocuous and sometimes mundane that deserve an answer, but that answer never comes. So, I have a hard time respecting someone who does not respect us! If he did, if he was genuine in his vision and appreciated the people who took a chance on him and who’ve stood behind him for 4+ years, he wouldn’t just blow them off. Unless maybe there is something to hide, or unless we were all mistaken and his vision was never really about benefitting us and others as he proclaims, but just about benefitting himself!

If you choose to go believing the FUD written by disgruntled and impatient HODLERS (or formerly so) who failed to appreciate that timelines were given as goals, not set in concrete, then that’s entirely your choice.

This stuff has taken longer than most expected, but it takes as long as it takes. Personally, I focus on the actual, verifiable progress made, as can be seen on GitHub.

And I’d rather a delayed product that works as intended, rolled out slowly and carefully to get each aspect working as needed, rather than a rushed and broken product.

Expecting Dan to answer any question put to him is naive. He’s busy focussed on the product and can’t possibly take the time to respond to every question, particularly if it relates to unknowns or vague aspects of geographically specific legal questions… he isn’t a lawyer, so :man_shrugging:

Safex is globally decentralised, so marketplace use would be on each individual to ascertain whether they can use it themselves, not expect the project team to provide such answers.

As always in crypto… DYOR.

7 Likes

Just keep mining and keep the hope. 5 years we should have something great.

1 Like

Hi @aussiesloth,

I appreciate your response and respect your opinion. But I do have to disagree somewhat. I’ve never questioned Dan’s @dandabek integrity nor the timeline. I’ve always described Dan as dedicated, committed and transparent. But then something changed. Only questions that are liked are addressed, but anything else are completely ignored.

I think we have different philosophies. My approach as a leader in my occupation is open and honest communication. Anybody can come to me and they always receive my undivided attention and input when asked. No matter how busy, I take the time!

I believe this project has lost that level of regard for it’s investors and faithful members. A well known tenet in leadership, meaningful relationships and quality of life is communication. No question or concern is too small and should not be treated with disregard.

2 Likes

I think the responsiveness will come in time. Where the team is not as big as it could be in the future, is decision time as a leader… Play customer service or get the business running,.

I would say take into account the situation from the developers perspective… Time, money, goals, etc… The whole team(albeit might just be a few people) has the burden on them everyday. I don’t see anything alarming about not answering every question or having a different routine to provide updates.

To me, it’s simple…Safex blockchain works. Proven and done. Everything after that is just going to make being part of Safex for 4+ years that much better.

Waiting to see what’s next is the most exciting part for me…I already believe it will be among to most successful blockchains

7 Likes