Tired questions, and the legalities of using $SFT, $SFX and xCalibra.com

More articles online are appearing that suggest governments and the banking industry will be instituting their own digital currencies. China has already done this. With the advent of Bitcoin, Ethereum and now many other altcoins all hoping to take a bite out of the emerging ecommerce opportunities, I think it is unlikely that crypto will surpass fiat or replace the banking industry all together as some have suggested. In the U.S., some states are now requiring money transmitter licenses for the purposes of engaging in crypto transactions, my home state of Connecticut being one of them. As of today, there are several crypto exchanges permitted to conduct business in the state. And while Ct doesn’t appear to be currently enforcing an individual to maintain a money transmitter license, you are authorized provided you conduct transactions with one of the approved exchanges. Although the Safex blockchain is decentralized, the TWM wallet and marketplace will operate in a more centralized fashion to ensure honesty and integrity so that merchants and consumers can operate in an ethically safe environment. I wonder if it would be prudent for the xCalibra exchange and the TWM to eventually pursue regulatory agreements to operate legally in Connecticut or any of the other 49 states.

This raises another tired question. How will $SFT, $SFX, Safex blockchain and the TWM fare if governments and banks decide to issue their own digital currencies? With Bitcoin over a trillion dollar market volume, Ethereum, and several other altcoins not far behind, and other decentralized anonymous marketplaces occupying the DeFi space now, how does Safex compete with that? Realistically speaking, it remains to be seen what to expect from the Safex project if and until there is widespread use occuring as seen thru the TWM wallet. Perhaps optimistically, digitalcoinprice.com has forecasted growth for $SFX as seen here:

Unfortunately though, much less so for $SFT:

Given all the hard work and accomplishments thus far, could the development team share their thoughts on how Safex and the worldmarketplace will hope to stay competitive and thrive in the years ahead?

2 Likes

How can the price be predicted without the appropriate information to predict the price from? A functioning Market Place VS test-net?

2 Likes

IMHO the marketplace is about getting market share, selling lots of widgets. The government cryptos will probably be subject to inflation, without meaningful caps or limits, like fiat. The privacy features will also give sfx an advantage over even Bitcoin. As for kyc in all fifty states, why not ? Integrity is good everywhere. So, let’s sell some stuff !?

4 Likes

I believe the current data, price, marketcap volume, and some type of algorithmic analysis are used.

1 Like

there will always be ways around it. a simple VPN can get you through…

Nothing to worry about. Dan is doing an awesome job

4 Likes

There is no way to predict price. However, It seems the above price predictions are low for a eight year spread. Besides, it’s volume across the market place that pays$. Stake your tokens, time will tell

3 Likes

I need SFX to hit at least $0.4 to make up for the opportunity cost of investing with Bitcoin.

2 Likes

SFX will be well over $1 and beyond.

4 Likes

I don’t have much SFX, mostly SFT. SFT doesn’t seem to be doing as well. Can SFT reach $0.1 again? $1 or more would be nice! Been invested since 2017.

2 Likes

I look at the crazy amount of engineering and speed taking place in other projects, and I have my doubts.

Being a doubter doesn’t help, with all do respect.
Everything is pointing towards success.

3 Likes

There has been good progress made, and although it may have taken a bit longer to get to where it is now, I believe it was necessary to ensure that it was done right. This is Dan’s life’s work. He’s been committed rock solid and I believe Safex and the TWM will succeed. But I’ve been reading that governments are poised to impose greater regulations, and in some states in the U.S. like Connecticut, crypto exchanges and crypto enterprises have been taking steps to be in compliance. So I’ve been wondering what effect government regulations and other DeFi crypto competition might have.

2 Likes

SFT can certainly reach $0.1 again. I expect it will go much higher than that. The thing to keep in mind is that it has a much higher supply than SFX, so it won’t move up as much in the near term. It will, however, increase in value as TWM sales increase and the SFX dividends payable from staking SFT become more valuable. I’m staking my SFT and not looking to sell it anytime in the foreseeable future.

6 Likes

It will probably be the only one I keep beyond the end of the bull run. Income derived from real world sales.

4 Likes