Well done.

4 Likes

Misread your postā€¦ need more coffee

1 Like

:point_up_2: that website looks good :wink:

1 Like

I just saw this:
https://bitbay.market/ BITBAY

Can someone explain to me what is the difference between them and safex future platform?

Interesting. I too would like to know the difference.

Anonymous features, a focus towards more than just goods, but also services, and dividends.

Yes it does. SAFEX is currently a omni-token and as such has a blockchain. The btc blockchain. The reason for the working blockchain is so there is security when deposits and withdrawals happen

So I had looked into BitBay a long time ago when I was deciding on a horse to bet on in this race. It has been a while though, and I wanted to give an educated answer to this question, so I downloaded the latest client. That was a few days ago (when you originally posted)ā€¦ Iā€™m now 47% caught up with their current block chain. Letā€™s just say itā€™s a good thing Iā€™m not using them to do my Christmas shopping.

BitBay, in spite of their claims, do not have a ā€œfully functioning productā€ yet. There are several key items in their shitty UI that when you click on them, just say ā€œWe donā€™t do that yetā€. Now, granted, neither does Safexā€¦ but BitBay leaves some other things to be desired. For one, each ā€œmarketā€ can be moderated with a master key, which doesnā€™t really make it distributed. In fact, that doesnā€™t make it any different than Zen Cart. Theyā€™ve been around since 2011ish, and have a fully functioning product (that even doesnā€™t have a shitty UI!), yet are still left in the internet dustā€¦ have you ever heard of them? Me neither. Thatā€™s because they, much like BitBay, donā€™t really offer any sort of disruptive technology to the global ecommerce market.

I also checked out Particl, which supposedly has the same level of privacy and encryption that Safex does (which I question, but okay). Their user interface is also really shittyā€¦ and as a developer myself, that just shows to me that they just donā€™t get it. When I put aside the shitty UI though, it was still unusable, even though they claim that itā€™s ā€œworkingā€. They also recently released their complete data model, and itā€™s not adequate to fill even half the claims of Safex.

Safex, on the other hand, is run like every successful software startup Iā€™ve ever seen. Dan probably hates me because Iā€™ve poked at him a bit, but the bottom line is all the claims heā€™s made are technically possible, and he has no motivation not to see this project through at this point. Heā€™s plastered his face all over the place, even traveled the world to promote Safex. For him to drop out now he would be tossing away literal $billions. When I look at him though, I donā€™t see a CEO ā€“ I see an extremely bright developer in the crypo world who got shoved into the CEO role quasi-against his will. Not only that, but the UI fucking rocks. The Safex team clearly care about the community, and they seriously care about the user experience.

Some critics may point to the fact that Safex has been around for 2 years now and they only have an Omni wallet at this point. Thatā€™s actually a good thing. As Dan said himself, being the first to market isnā€™t always the best. It means you can watch the market and see what people are doing right and what theyā€™re doing wrong. At this point though, if Safex was all just a big scam, we DEFINITELY wouldnā€™t be getting weekly video updates at this point. Dan certainly wouldnā€™t be flying around and putting himself in front of large crowds of crypto-investorsā€¦ some of whom may have already lost money on the project. He would have changed his name to Juan and moved to Brazil a long fucking time ago.

12 Likes

Love to read your post @SonicPoet great stuff

Any idea why transaction is stuck on Cryptopia at 5/20 confirmation for 24 hours? Im getting this on blockchain: Unable to decode output address - (Unspent)

You probably sent with a low fee. It will show up on Cryptopia once you have 20/20. Hope that happens before the air drop!

You have to thinkā€¦ if youā€™re going to send with the lowest feeā€¦ why should miners pick up your transaction? Theyā€™d much rather pick up a high fee transaction for obvious reasons.

Yeah itā€™s shit that cryptopia requires 20 confirmations (who does that?) but you kind of made your own bed there.

I sent from Bittrex.

Cant choose fee

Why in the world are you sending Safex from one exchange to another right now?

Ugh.

I really hope you donā€™t get screwed over this, but eventually the 20 confirmations will happen. If I were you, Iā€™d send them straight from Cryptopia into your own Safex wallet.

The airdrop wont happend any time soon and i need them for trading.

Maybe try btc-e? lol

:smile:
yeah, or bter

i just dont get why are stuck on 5/20 for over 24 hours. I understand if they move slow, but stuckā€¦

Their wallet is in mainenanceā€¦