Safex Development Update - Safex Wallet v2 Release August 27th, 2017

Your private keys is the closest access to your coins. WIth them you open the file and it will say

private key: xyz

you copy that xyz part and use the “import key” to add it to your new wallet

2 Likes

Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

(by the way, transfer from Cryptopia was super fast, less than 10 minutes, cost 1 Safex)

2 Likes

Guys great job!. i have the previous version of the wallet. it worked great but ver …2 is way better!!! love the refresh.

twiz

3 Likes

i had a previous version of the wallet so i needed to download the latest windows version. I downloaded the new version and ran it. Used the correct login pw and wham all the coins sitting nicely. Hope this helps

twiz

2 Likes

Guys , you need a training video and marketing video as well , pls Urgent , most people who are starting to see this market , dont understand why they should use a wallet … and once you download it … you go into the safex io web , and find this hyperlink like a key that indicates —> THIS IS A ONE TIME GENERATED PUBLIC AND PRIVATE KEY SET… so how do you use this?? The majority of people who are starting to invest, are entering a whole new world, it would be great to have guidence from a company, and not a youtube video.

3 Likes

The videos are coming, you’re 100% correct.

7 Likes

If there is a will there is a way to learn. There is only so much handholding that Dan and Safex can do.

Look I bought IOTA at 20 cents with an esoteric and confusing wallet. I hit the forums and Reddit etc and got it done. It was the second crypto I ever bought after bitcoin.

The IOTA wallet still is not much better and for the newbie it will be not easy. But you know what, I reaped the rewards.

Point is when wallet is noob friendly and multiple videos are up, IOTA will be at 10 dollars. The team is busy implementing their vision and I would like Dan and the team here to do the same.

Early adopters of cutting edge investments reap the rewards only if they put in the effort to understand it and acquire it before the average Joe.

I would rather the team focus on the Chille blockchain and marketing it as a privacy coin, rather than spend time and money on videos.

6 Likes

you make a really good point … @Amcdoc , and I understand the whole safex team is rushing, but it makes me wonder. If the most important part is the chillie coins , why then deliver the wallet with such a rush ? why not all together ? I might be wrong but i belive the idea is for us to get used to the wallet as fast as possible in order to recommend it, and generate a demand and feel comfortable with safex products, but how am i supposed to generate a demand to my close relatives, if they are not as computer literate … how do I know that if they go into youtube , someone wont give them faulty directions, and end up losing their money. imagine the reviews safex would get if they tweeted something around those lines.(" i lost my investmen due to safex wallet") … I wouldnt underestimate an average JOE and their power to tweet.

1 Like

I can agree wholeheartedly that more promotional material would be very welcome. But, a hand holding walkthrough of the wallet is just rediculous.

This just might be one of, if not the most straightforward and easy to use crypto wallets ever. Which I could only compare to possibly Neon (NEO) in It’s ease of use, UI and simplicity. No extensive 72 hour sync period that take 2 or 3 installs to finally sync. No installing of 3 seperate programs or any of that rabbit hole crap.

So to the majority, dedicating resources to make an official video by the Safex team would be the equivalent to Martha Stewart making a how to boil water video.

@joerock Demand will be generated on It’s own in due time I assure you that. Everyone is wishing they bought more of something when there wasn’t demand for it yet. So take the current opportunity to learn and invest as much as possible. If your genuinely concerned about family members missing out then you can simply Skype them thru the process. Download the wallet file, install wallet file, export wallet private keys and store file in a safe place, send Safex to wallet address. It’s really that easy. I assure you if I can help my 78 year old grandfather who’s had internet all of barely one year install an IOTA wallet. I’m confident you can talk anyone thru installing a Safex wallet.

3 Likes

Thanks @MrJ,& @amcdoc for taking the time , i guess that`s just my customer service background trying to ensure no one will put their fingers in the outlet,

2 Likes

Website is beautiful, wallet is gorgeous, but out of several wallets installed, SAFEX is the only one being recognised as a malware.
Virustotal scan gives mixed results. Have to disable Avast every time before using the wallet.

Am I the only one here who has trust issues because of that?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be. Every company that has flagged the wallet so far has given it a thumbs up after it being brought to their attention. Thanks for letting everyone know which programs are flagging it. Safex has handled each of these situations rather quickly so far. So no worries nessesary.

2 Likes

We need to get the signing keys from Microsoft and Apple, Really sorry about that

2 Likes

I don’t see an md5 or sha1 on github. Can you upload one onto github for us to know what we’re downloading matches your side?

1 Like

I like your wallet And the possibility to add multiple keys in one wallet.

But it would be Even a Little greater in i could put a Name Or a a Tag to the Adresses to Mark where i use it for

1 Like

also an archive, so you can choose which keys you see on the main page, and which ones go to the archive :wink:

2 Likes

I also had problems with Avast !

I was able to put the wallet in the exceptions (not always easy) but this morning opening the wallet Avast decided to bin it in the quarantine !
Not a nice feeling !
I quickly got it back from the quarantine and chose the exception option again !
Hope the team will work on this :brain:

1 Like

I already submitted our company to get our signing keys. We need approval from Microsoft and Apple. For that we need to do a few steps of verification that is already in motion.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply ! :+1:

I was kinda thinking that, but a confirmation is nice to hear, and I’m sure it will reassure anyone reading this with similar problems.

Now if we could only harass Microsoft and Apple to get going :gun:…but I will leave it in God’s hands :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like