Trade satoshi interview.

[b]Discord interview relating to that new exchange safex got listed on out of the blue.

20/12/2017

“Hugotto” , safex hodler Vs “Kim” from tradesatoshi

Hugotto-[/b]
Hi Kim
Kim-
Hi
hugotto-
I heard you are one of the founders of Tradesatoshi
Correct?
kim-
Yes
Hugotto-
Do you mind if I ask you some questions relating to the exchange and its origins?
Kim-
Sure
Hugotto-
First of all I traced back on fora you are a fairly new exchange, when did you formally launch?
Kim-
We started in October 2016
Hugotto-
With We you mean?
Kim-
The exchange
Hugotto-
You and “Cryptodeveloper”
Kim-
No, me and some friends
Hugotto-
Okay fair, won’t go into that too much since I’m not concerned about your private life.
Kim-
Cool
Hugotto-
Just to gather info to answer back at Safex community
Kim-
Yes
I can tell u a bit
Hugotto-
Yes please do
Kim-
So, we started as an exchange to trade shitcoins, basically :slight_smile: we never did advertising for the site and we never promoted it, call it spam. We have been growing since we started and more people are working on the exchange since then
We are now over capacity, we are in lack of developers and support, things will change soon, another developer is joining us next week, and a new UI will be released soon
We are also adding more people to customer support.
Hugotto-
That there already solves some of the issues I think with some concerned traders.
Kim-
We are growing every day, so it’s all thanks to our users that keep coming back
When we contacted Safex, we give them the opportunity to have a place to trade while they get into a bigger exchange
Hugotto-
How about the shitcoin philosophy. How is that developing? What are currently the ambitions, how do you see yourselves compete in the crypto market as yet another exchange?
Kim-
We have no plans to became big, we like being little and avoid the daily crypto drama but crypto in general it’s growing
Hugotto-
So you try to be a hassle free exchange for relative small trading volumes?
Kim-
So at the moment we are just providing a service, if more users come to us and use tradesatoshi, we will still provide the service
Yes, we want to give the opportunity to small coin projects to have a space on crypto
Hugotto-
What makes your exchange trust worthy? It is a very small exchange with very little user reviews currently and a lot of traders are sceptical at first
Kim-
Well, the exchange have a small but great team, the interface it’s easy to use and everything works fine, but with some problems. We are working on future development
Hugotto-
What is roughly the background of your team? Are you crypto investors? Developers?
Kim-
I been in crypto since it started, I always been off the radar but I’m very active on btalk, I also been active on other areas like hacking since 1994, and web development since 1998.
I have never invested on crypto, I prefer to hold my btc
Of course I have invested on the exchange, but only the necessary
We don’t fake volume, or hype the exchange
Hugotto-
So it’s more like a side project in that sense
Or are you fully dedicated?
Kim-
Well, it was a side project, and now I’m full time
I’m full time since 2 months ago approximately
Hugotto-
That makes sense, I imagine doing it justice requires full time attention?
Kim-
If not then I will need to close the site
Hugotto-
Well I’m pretty sure that will not play right on the safex community currently
Kim-
I hope they get into a new exchange, they can just pay dividends on another way so they can avoid sec regulations
Pay dividends on usdt
Hugotto-
Daniel Dabek already released a paper on legal issues explain why it’s not a regular security etc.
Kim-
Yes, but it’s up to regulators to decide that
I understand the founder said that
So the dump will stop
Hugotto-
It seems he is not so concerned with the dump
Neither are most serious investors
Kim-
Yes, it’s a great project really
Hugotto-
Were you aware of it before the recent hype?
Kim-
Yes from before
I like sia too
Hugotto-
Same here, two projects with very nice developer teams behind it
Kim I thank you for answering these questions briefly.
Kim-
Thanks
Btw, safex wallet it’s on maintenance, expected to be back online tomorrow morning, so 10 hrs from now
Hugotto-
Ah thanks for the heads up
I will announce it
Kim-
Thanks, nice to talk to you

12 Likes

Good work Hugotto. A nice simple no nonsense chat.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this to the forums Hugo. Way to get in there and make shit happen!

1 Like