When v2 Lands, what will you sell?

Hey everyone, just checking the field who’s checking in closely, and then who is in the business of selling stuff.

Let us know what you plan to bring to the market, and how you expect v2 to change things for you improve, add, make things interesting.

For background and a refresh, v2 is the interface so you can sell easily on the safex blockchain and soon it will be released for everyone.

9 Likes

For me, I plan to sell skateboards and apparel related to street wear and skateboarding culture, at least initially.

5 Likes

That;s an awesome response, I guess would be great to hear what folks expect to see listed too!

4 Likes

For me, I have a local glass studio that does some amazing pieces. I’m hoping to act as a broker for them and expose their work to some new markets via Safex.

8 Likes

I’m not sure what segmentation safex market is focused on initially. If there is no targeted products(eg quality or categories), I will find any products on AliExpress which is significantly cheaper than those Amazon.(eg a Pokemon watch on AliExpress including tax and shipping is $12, on Amazon is $28), And sell them at very cheap prices like $16. I will only choose the 4.5star plus reviewed seller on AliExpress and you can never find them enough. Also Initially I am thinking about selling some personal used genuine designer stuff.

7 Likes

Wanting to give my customers a payment option for my carpet repair business.

6 Likes

I plan on selling paintings from a locally famous artist.

7 Likes

Automotive parts and accessories. I will take my Ebay and Amazon stores and mirror my catalog onto the marketplace. Also plan to make it possible for customers to pay using sft on my website and for services at my brick and mortar location.

9 Likes

As an artist based in France, I would principally drop all my art work on the market place.
Mostly surrealism oil painting, landscape and a bit of abstract.
Original, and reproduction from the original work ( more affordable ) would be available.

Everything is certified and limited editions for the reproduction.

6 Likes

I have access to many local products in abundance that are apart of the Quebec culture. Maple syrup is something that I would like to sell on the safex marketplace. Of course this would require the marketplace to support Canada.

6 Likes

Maple syrup is something I would definitely buy!! We don’t even get different grades of syrup in Australia. In fact, I’d guess most people in Australia wouldn’t even know maple syrup comes in different grades. :exploding_head:

7 Likes

I would love for my Rim Paste to go Viral!

4 Likes

It’s that time of year here in Quebec. The maple water is running and the sugar shacks are boiling. Next week I’m going to a shack to get my yearly haul of maple syrup. Would you be interested in purchasing some. I would be willing to ship. The shipping will likely cost more than the syrup so I would recommend a case. Syrup last a very long time unopened in a can. Let me know before the weekend.

3 Likes

At some point in the future, for sure!! But not at this exact point it time. Many thanks for thinking of me, and I look forward to getting an order in the future.

1 Like

:+1:

2 Likes

Was really surprised to see another post on this forum, ever!

Most of the community have left as the project never really succeeded and no optimism for a long time now with no v2 in the works.

Although you are able to engage here through a quasi ecommerce arrangement, it’s a shame that the eventual fulfillment will not be through an actual v2 mobile or desktop mechanism!

But I think it’s worth commenting that sales of personalized, handcrafted, homemade, manufactured items or services for the average Joe is just one of the great benefits a SafeX Market v2 app could have provided, a fun and engaging resource for crypto enthusiasts that taps into niche markets.

Been waiting a long time, 2017. Would like, wish Dan Dabek would just honestly let everyone know that this project is “dead.” With everyone gone, including Aharon, Ivana, Yuri, etc, it’s hard not to believe otherwise.

1 Like

While there hasn’t been much in the way of updates here in the forum, I suspect you may not understand the reason… this forum sits under the umbrella of Safex.org (Safex Foundation), which developed the blockchain. That phase has been completed successfully and the blockchain is alive and well, with miners keeping the PoW blockchain processing blocks.

As for v2, it falls under the umbrella of Safex Market (formerly TWM Inc), which is a commercial enterprise looking to leverage the open source Safex blockchain. The reasons for delays are well documented- until the necessary infrastructure and staffing is in place, v2 will not be released, and that requires funding, which Dan (Safex Market) is still pursuing. Development updates do occasionally get shared here, but you shouldn’t rely on it.

But regardless of that, there are also 3 other marketplace apps being developed, that I’m aware of. Those devs are working on theirs when time permits, so there’s no timeline on when such apps will be released.

But to call it dead is just plain wrong. The new Safex Market discord is active, as is the Wolf Pack community discord (maybe not in the public rooms, but certainly in several of the private rooms). And one of the marketplace app devs seems to stick with Twitter to share his updates, but does also pop into discord.

Relying on only the Safex Forum for updates may not give you the regular info you seek.

3 Likes

I’m also well aware of the reasons for the delays, the need for funding, staffing and the necessary infrastructure being in place.

I was not referring to SafeX Blockchain, the work of miners or other developers’ marketplace apps. My post regarding the project “dead” was in reference to SafeX Market v2.

My post was not a knock against Dan or even the project itself, kudos to him and all that’s been accomplished :+1:

But attempts at securing funding have been tried and have not gone well. Many of Dan’s inner core have left and gone on to greener pastures.

Dan has shared in the past that v2 is basically coded and ready to go. To use a metaphor, it’s basically as simple as turning a switch to “on.”

So why not just do it?

And let the rest take care of itself! At least this way the project (i.e. SafeX Market v2) has a real shot at proving to investors of it’s potential and viability once in the actual hands of virtually anyone and everyone on the planet.

Linux for example. Linus Torvalds did the initial work and then released his brainchild freely to the world. He didn’t wait around for investors, funding, or even staffing. His staffing ended up being the whole world as many quickly adopted Linux and made improvements. Now it’s used by Governments, military, businesses, schools, pretty much every institution there is.

So if SafeX Market v2 is essentially ready to go, as Dan has said in the past, just release it then. Let everyone fiddle with it, and I believe adoption followed by success will be Swift.

4 Likes

If Dan released v2 to the world so others can use it and build on it would it succeed or fail ?

Would this increase miners and increase the value of SFX and SFT ?

Would this increase in value have a snowball effect and everyone gets to benefit including Dan ?

Would this allow Dan then to still do what he want’s to accomplish with v2 with less of a need or difficulty finding investments ?

Right now the S curve is being waisted.

Right now the world is heading for economic troubles.

Banks and elites will try to created their own crypto and monopolize it.

Can we, can Dan afford to wait ?

3 Likes

The way things stand now, I don’t think v2 is going to happen. Someone else is going to get there first, and frankly I don’t think there’s a lot of interest for an anonymous decentralized crypto marketplace!

It’s just way easier to use Amazon. I’ve often said that SafeX Market would serve as a niche marketplace for crypto enthusiasts. And if v2 was truly ready to go, Dan could have just released it and let the rest take care of itself.

But Dan hasn’t done this. The argument that there isn’t sufficient funding to support the needs of staffing and infrastructure, while possibly true, is a convenient way to stall the project endlessly, and really ends up being a convenient way of doing nothing. But had there actually been a v2 app ready to go, releasing it would have garnered a lot of eyeballs and interest and this awareness would have been sufficient to secure the funding needed.

I follow Dan and SafeX on this forum and Twitter. I do not like Discord, so I don’t know if there is more information disseminated there. But on Twitter @officialdabek there are no updates regarding v2 or SafeX Market, and on this forum @aussiesloth is kind to update us as best he can, which I really appreciate him :+1:

Dan Dabek certainly can share with all of us how much actual development work towards SafeX Market v2 is being done daily, weekly, monthly, but he doesn’t. He can certainly share with us how the fund raising strategy is progressing or not, but he doesn’t.

So by not sharing these things, we sadly have no way of knowing if after all this time gone by progress is being made? We simply can’t. So by not sharing it could be argued he is sharing, but in a disingenuous way.

Most likely @dandabek is waiting for the passage of time, long enough that he can put all this in his rearview mirror. Sadly @thxo1138 , I think this is exactly where this project stands right now!

3 Likes