Why still so many questions about wallet usage despite safex wallet tutorial?

Make sure you keep a backup of your wallet’s dat file (private keys) in a safe place and manner because you just never know if your disk or PC might die anytime

3 Likes

Thanks! @jcasale
Thanks! @Rob I have kept a backup of the dat file and the unsafex file.

Still waiting for the wallet to reflect my transfer, I’ve never pressed refresh so much :joy:

There is a small bug in the wallet, causing the balance not to appear sometimes. Try to archive (“to archive”) then un-archive (“to home”) the adress in the wallet.

2 Likes

@Boris_S you genius! Thank you so much. That worked instantly!

Thanks heaps guys for all the help…one happy newbie!

2 Likes

Glad I could help. And welcome to the Safex club!

3 Likes

Very knowledgeable club! I’ve had lots of reading to do.

Feel like a bit of a SafeX stalker. Excited to read the next update from Dan

2 Likes

Dear Safex Team,

First of all congratulation for the mazing work!

I have back up my wallet using v.0.03.

tried to import my wallet today didn’t work so i upgrade to v.0.05

tried to import again but nothing happen.

is there a way to fix the issue without creating a new wallet an importing my private keys.

thank you

What do you mean exactly by “it didnt work”?

Did you do the following:

Opened the wallet app
Chose the import wallet option
Clicked on the arrowlike symbol, then browsed to your “old” safexwallet.dat (your wallet backup file)
Entered the password (of the backed up wallet)
Clicked import.

2 Likes

If you did all the above, but nothing is happening when you click “import”, its usually a sign that the password is incorrect.

Are you 100% sure you are typing in the correct password for the safexwallet.dat file you are trying to import?

1 Like

issue fixed, indeed password problem,

However I had changed my password but managed to import the wallet.dat using previous password…

Looks like my password wasn’t changed after all…

I guess i did back up before changing the password…user problem :wink:

thanks for your help

That was probably it. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, glad we got it sorted out.

2 Likes

Dan is really busy around the Balkaneum project (that is interlocked with SAFEX). Once the house is complete he will no doubt get to making the roof (which is the UI optimization) for mass usage. In the mean time, us, early adopters, I think are smart enough to deal with the rough patches of unpolished software. :slight_smile:

1 Like

buenas, disculpa la molestia, yo tengo el mismo problema con mi billetera, como lo solucionaste…? lo de la sincronizacion, cuanto tiempo lleva eso…

Just curious, how many developers are on the safex team now?

Guys any issues sending safex from wallet 0.0.2 to tradesatoshi? Or must upgrade to 0.0.5 first??

hey guys and gals.

Is it normal for your coins to take a certain amount of time before posting in your wallet? Im trying to upgrage wallets from ver 0.02 to the latest version. i downloaded the wallet and installed fine. the latest version shows 0 balance. my old ver 0.02 shows the full balance. tried using the priv key into the latest version. it works but still shows zero balance. Any ideas?

archive then unarchive. classic problem.

1 Like

ty for the response strangecharm.

do you mean tabbing between the home and the archive tab?

After playing around with it a bit strange i got it. ty

2 Likes