Why still so many questions about wallet usage despite safex wallet tutorial?

Check internet security software/firewall, if you have any, maybe that you need to approve the wallet application.

Did itā€¦but nothing changedā€¦

I think i didā€¦ i meanā€¦ i left it open for couple of hrsā€¦ do u think i should do it for more?

Other wallets like verge & siacoin takes overnight to sync, just leave it open for a day or 2

Thanks manā€¦will try to do it!

So has anyone that hasnā€™t received their coins in 3 plus days finally received them? I know its been almost 2 weeks but Im curious. Im in the same boat as some of you. I have Version 5 for the wallet and its been only one day for me that I havenā€™t received any of my Safex coins I withdrew from Tradesatoshi. And the process says complete too. Ive done everything that some of you suggested but I guess only time will tell. I was hoping for another work aroundā€¦

I have some coins in trade satoshi that i am going to transfer to the wallet as well. I am a little skeptical to be honest. I did not have a problem depositing. I hope i dont have any withdrawing

@jcasale thank you very much for your helpful posts. Im a newbie and have been silently reading/following this forum.

Just transferred SafeX from CoinSpot into the SafeX wallet - now its the waiting game! :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to the community and Best Wishes!!

1 Like

Make sure you keep a backup of your walletā€™s dat file (private keys) in a safe place and manner because you just never know if your disk or PC might die anytime

3 Likes

Thanks! @jcasale
Thanks! @Rob I have kept a backup of the dat file and the unsafex file.

Still waiting for the wallet to reflect my transfer, Iā€™ve never pressed refresh so much :joy:

There is a small bug in the wallet, causing the balance not to appear sometimes. Try to archive (ā€œto archiveā€) then un-archive (ā€œto homeā€) the adress in the wallet.

2 Likes

@Boris_S you genius! Thank you so much. That worked instantly!

Thanks heaps guys for all the helpā€¦one happy newbie!

2 Likes

Glad I could help. And welcome to the Safex club!

3 Likes

Very knowledgeable club! Iā€™ve had lots of reading to do.

Feel like a bit of a SafeX stalker. Excited to read the next update from Dan

2 Likes

Dear Safex Team,

First of all congratulation for the mazing work!

I have back up my wallet using v.0.03.

tried to import my wallet today didnā€™t work so i upgrade to v.0.05

tried to import again but nothing happen.

is there a way to fix the issue without creating a new wallet an importing my private keys.

thank you

What do you mean exactly by ā€œit didnt workā€?

Did you do the following:

Opened the wallet app
Chose the import wallet option
Clicked on the arrowlike symbol, then browsed to your ā€œoldā€ safexwallet.dat (your wallet backup file)
Entered the password (of the backed up wallet)
Clicked import.

2 Likes

If you did all the above, but nothing is happening when you click ā€œimportā€, its usually a sign that the password is incorrect.

Are you 100% sure you are typing in the correct password for the safexwallet.dat file you are trying to import?

1 Like

issue fixed, indeed password problem,

However I had changed my password but managed to import the wallet.dat using previous passwordā€¦

Looks like my password wasnā€™t changed after allā€¦

I guess i did back up before changing the passwordā€¦user problem :wink:

thanks for your help