Instructions for Voting With The Safex Voting Application

I understand.

hmm likewise… I think it will work out alright, as in it will work for you for this case. I am urgently pushing the update for the compressed and uncompressed support right now

Please, explain your “likewise” lol

I understand your perspective as well

1 Like

And don’t need to tell you us Windows users are the ignorant majority lol

Actually I realize the value Windows has made, where its up to the developer to figure it out only he can make your life easier that’s the downside from developer point of view of windows… though for the user it should just work.

I just pushed the modification to support both key types, and I tested it… I will package the binary within 1.5 hours and publish them so now everybody should be capable of voting with their keys. The application now knows the difference between starting with “5” or not.

I’d ask if you could open the browser inspector… to see the origin of the error you are having…
@dyamanaka maybe you have time for a hangout today, let me know

Ive pushed the update, hope someone is brave enough to test it, I found a bug with the vote acceptor, which I did patch to be compatible with the compressed key format now it should be alright. Waiting on further response.

The results so far.

Here’s the error msg when manually starting the “proposalservice” Application.

1 Like

@uqaz what error message do you get if you double click the “proposalservice.exe” file on its own?

The issue is pinned down to when you start the application it never starts up the proposalservice… something is glitching on your system possibly due to missing dependencies.

1 Like

Just the second error of dyamanaka, LIBEAY32.dll.

2 Likes

After copy pasting the 2 missing dll files (SSLEAY32.dll and LIBEAY32.dll) into the SafexVote Folder, I now get this error msg.

1 Like

I will look further into it tomorrow Thanks a ton @dyamanaka for your time on this, we’re close to having it solved. I will replicate the fresh environment and figure out a process

2 Likes

No worries, I think we are close to figuring it out.

2 Likes

Still looking into how to reliably sort out the missing DLL some of you might be experiencing.

3 Likes

Im fairly sure I figured it out… I tested it in a virtual machine environment… I will push the update to the releases. Will post when it been pushed up.

2 Likes

I just pushed the update to the voting application for Windows. I tested it in a plain installation of Windows 7 Home Premium edition and it worked out of the box. Let me know if any issues arise.

1 Like

I got stuck at step 8… after clicking “Generate Vote” then “Save Vote” a link appears.
I saved that vote file and uploaded it to the website.
I got this error msg. Screen shot below…

Some more votes rolling in

@dyamanaka not sure what your error is exactly… maybe we can discuss it, you’ve been a big help in my getting the windows working for others thanks for working with me on that

1 Like

You’re welcome.

It looks like the unanimous votes favor an independent blockchain, which I support anyway. Now we can move forward and get something implemented by next year. Looking forward to it!

1 Like