Instructions for Voting With The Safex Voting Application

@dyamanaka if you open the vote.vote file in a text editor can you check if it is empty or not?

@dyamanaka you may have to wait a several seconds between clicking Generate vote and Save vote.

@dyamanaka if your vote is not empty,. it will definitely work when you upload it… because I did notice there were 10 lines missing that are used for validating the non “5” private keys. That’s there now and is working for others as well.

@dallyshalla, I have no idea how it worked…

I made 3 vote files.
2 of them were “empty” as you suspected.
I uploaded the one that wasn’t empty and got the result below.

{“res”:“Success Decoding and writing vote to folder”}

I looks like it went through because the vote total has changed.
I’m glad it works now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to hear it @dyamanaka, during all this time I see so many ways to distil the user experience; the voting app was the first thing I built, and then the website so experience was on the rise.

After this things will improve, as well since I’ve identified a candidate to develop with me for front end work. So that is great because we are in touch physically whereas in the past I tried to work with remote developers, can not beat the effectiveness of being in direct contact with your team mate.

1 Like

I think this “Voting App” has proven very useful and should be refined. I’m happy you found a candidate to help you develop the front end. I’ll do what I can support this project.

This is a brainstorm…

Money Vote VS Popular Vote

Obviously, this was a “Money Vote”… meaning those with more money (SEC) have more influence. Some people may criticize a money vote but in this case, those who are heavily invested in SAFEX should have shareholder influence on their investment.

A “Popular Vote” is still useful for social issues. Have you thought about making a voting app based on popularity? I’m sure this would be benefit N99. The main problem with popular voting is counting 1 vote per person. We already know how easily polls can be manipulated with: fake registrations, multiple accounts, etc. A reputation system works around this problem. It’s not a direct solution but it works most of the time.

1 Like

Oh, Republic (SEC) x Democracy, nice…

dyamanaka, one can simply create various addresses with 1 token each, right? Spam is a problem here.

1 Like

Agreed, this is what a reputation system is supposed to mitigate.

For example, only level 2 members on the SAFE Network forum were allowed to vote on the new logo. It’s not a perfect solution but works well enough for the community to make a decision.

an address 1 token each… it will cost $0.25 to transfer to each address btw so to split up 1,000,000 coins would cost you literally 250,000 usd to get that together hmmm

Are you assuming 100℅ or 51℅?

@uqaz im saying if a popular vote was done with omni tokens and the bitcoin blockchain with a sizable amount of people it would get really expensive.

2 Likes

This maybe a little early but… it would be super amazing to add the “Voting Application” to the SAFEX wallet.

There are many wallets with amazing utility. A SAFEX VOTE feature would definitely stand out from the crowd. I know it works because we already used it!

2 Likes

this is 100% going to be added, we will need it to agree on Chille parameters

1 Like

Awesome @dandabek,

The VOTE feature will take us to the next level. I have some other ideas as well but lets keep it quiet for now.

Under promise and Over deliver. :+1:

1 Like